is there any carb guy's on here?

thanks for all your ambitions. all i want to do is get it running right with no bog of the start.
i do have a holly 500 2 bbrl that i could put on it but dont i have to also change out the dizzy and wire the lock up for the trans if i swap the carb ?
my car is a 84 regal 3.8 60 over 3 speed
i think 500 is too much (but i could be wrong)
car will not see a track just daily cruising

.... dont i have to also change out the dizzy and wire the lock up for the trans if i swap the carb ?

Yes....a lot of work. I know, I did it. The CCC system has the ECM lock up the transmission, controls the carb mix, and controls the timing.

If you go to evilbay and do a search for thexton I know that there's at least 1 set of carb tools for the E series of GM carbs right now. Price was pretty cheap from what I remember.;)

i have the tools to adjust it i just dont know exactly what im doing. ill admit it !!
im not a carb guy

you see i would just like to get the bottom end dead spot out of this carb. i know its not the best thing going but for right now its my ride to work .
the car runs good just has a dead spot when you go to take off. i cant afford any down time with it so right know tearing it apart is not an option.
i personally dont think this little engine is worth the time and effort of carb swap as opposed to a 350 swap. i just think if your going to go through that why not just pull it and put in a v8. i dont know what to do i dont think the holly i got is going to help it.
i did figure out that the Canadian model has a vac dizzy is that one also comp controlled or can i order one of those if i did end up swapping

well, if its a 2bbl car - there probably isnt much you can do other then try and get that factory 2bbl to work. I dont see the holley 2bbl working right for you and probably acting worse then what you have now. If you did decide to go electronics free in the carb you would need to swap the module and short harness for the 4 pin system and cut a slot open with a file to add the vaccum advance canister. That would bring the HEI to where it would need to be for regular carb use.

The 350 would work if you have the ability to get it tuned out right as well - but it would be just atrocious.............