is there any carb guy's on here?

mike.ss

i have a 84 regal 3.8 carb. i am wondering if any of you wise people happen to know how many turn out the air screws should be on a e2me dualjet and also how about the air bleed screw and the mixture control solenoid where should they be. the rebuild instructions were not to clear on that one. ive got it close but not right it is very doggie off the bottom and fall's on its face for a sec when i get into it. than all of a sudden it will take off. i know it's not right. im hoping someone on here can help me out

Already moved there.;) And E4ME and an E2ME have the same front half. Usually I set the mixture screws to about 3.5 to 4 turns out and the Solenoid works fine. Have you got a scan tool to check what's going on with the car?

sorry guys i didn't mean to post in the wrong spot thanks for moving it for me.
see when the carb was tore down the solenoid screw was NOT counted witch was a mistake. and now i dont think the mixture needles have enough gas for a responsive take off.
i cant seem to find a factory starting point to set it. i was able to find a pdf on this carb that is 55 pages long i have read them all a couple of times and it says nothing about it.
there has got to be a starting point someone set it at the factory back in the day.
the car is my daily driver so i need to get this thing out over having the flu. she does not take off well from red lights. but cruises well when it does catch up with itself
and yes i do have a scan tool it tells me no codes found !!(yet)

There are special tools that you need to adjust the solenoid and you need the factory manual to get the height right. The plug above the solenoid is removed and height is checked that way as well as adjusted. Rich or Freddy may jump in and have the info.;)

I think I can upload my OEM PDF Rochester manual, (although for Q-Jets, like Charlie says: The same Specs for a Duel-Jet), only exception maybe the Electric Choke Adjustment which if you don't mess with and leave it alone, should be fine. Standby while I look for the PDF. If I find it, many of you Rochester admirers may want to save it. It cost me a few backs several years ago and if anyone out there has it they will most certainly want to charge money. Not me, I just want you to keep that baby going.

:mad: Oh well there goes that idea....it's 8.04 MB, (too big). Charlie...I want to make it available for everyone. Can it be done thru the website? I don't have the support mechanism to store large files.

(Its the 1981 E4ME-E4MC Rochester service manual which is thorough with operating systems, calibration procedures and unit repair.)

I am! Been looking at spreadbore doublepumper holleys on Ebay for cores for a little while. Holleys would have enough fuel capacity to flow E85 and would be able to pump enough fuel out of an accelerator pump to not bog. Be able to run 20+PSI with a better coldside wheel as long as the fuel doesnt sheer. Im sure AJ would know about that.

Problem is what I want is the individual feed line fuel bowls with the 45 degree feed lines isnt easy to find. Everything ive seen has the single feed line with the crossover tube.

I am! Been looking at spreadbore doublepumper holleys on Ebay for cores for a little while. Holleys would have enough fuel capacity to flow E85 and would be able to pump enough fuel out of an accelerator pump to not bog. Be able to run 20+PSI with a better coldside wheel as long as the fuel doesnt sheer. Im sure AJ would know about that.

Problem is what I want is the individual feed line fuel bowls with the 45 degree feed lines isnt easy to find. Everything ive seen has the single feed line with the crossover tube.
Put the adapter plate on and run a standard bore holley they are much easier to work on and get parts the fuel pump line has to be remade for a holley.

:mad: Oh well there goes that idea....it's 8.04 MB, (too big). Charlie...I want to make it available for everyone. Can it be done thru the website? I don't have the support mechanism to store large files.

(Its the 1981 E4ME-E4MC Rochester service manual which is thorough with operating systems, calibration procedures and unit repair.)
I don't think the site can load that Freddie but you might ask Jay an opinion about it. I'd bet he knows of a way to do it as a link so we can download it.;) You might be able to do it as a compressed file rather than a full load though.

Thing is I have no idea what the upload file size limits are on this website. It doesn't say anywhere. It only tells you your file is too big...

There are storage sites that you can upload it to and then post a link so we can download it, or you could compress it and try to load it here.

Put the adapter plate on and run a standard bore holley they are much easier to work on and get parts the fuel pump line has to be remade for a holley.

That's because you will need them.......:eek:

Holley's are fine for racing applications but for the best of both worlds street ,strip daily driving you can't beat a proper q-jet
The problem is finding one that is not wore out and put it in the right hands.

Well I was able to use a free online PDF compressor which reduced it to 3.81MB's. It leaves a watermark which is not too intrusive. Hope it looks good. Somebody should test it out. Good luck, that's as far as I'm going with for free.

BTW...both Duel-Jets and Q-Jets are covered in calibration and repair. Have fun!

Attachments

• Rochester_Quadrajet_E4ME_E4MC20130412_140850_compressor.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 932