is there an OBD1 app out there yet?

novaderrik

there are a ton of OBD2 scan tool apps out there for Droid phones, but is there an OBD1 app that would work on the TR's?
it shouldn't be that hard for someone to make an app that would allow someone to watch all the engine parameters and maybe even do some datalogging in real time just like the OBD2 apps do...
of course this would pretty much make the Scanmaster and datalogger obsolete..

If you don't have the hardware of the Powerlogger you are still limited to updates every 1.5 seconds.

For sure!! With today's technology, I still don't understand why anyone would want to see such a slow data rate that the ALDL spits out!! Even the Scanmaster with it's fast update code has surpassed that.

As far as redering the Scanmaster and powerlogger obsolete. Ya right! figure the odds.

Odb1 is propiertiary....each make, model and even year has a different plug.obd2 is a standard configuration and works with any car built on or after 1996...not enough demand for our old style GM setup.

yeah, there are a lot of different OBD1 setups- hell, the TR's use something totally different than even most other GM cars and trucks- but the fact that there is a big enough market for something like a Scanmaster tells me that there is a market for an app for it.. it could be the next big thing for these cars, and the first person to do it could make some coin out of it. i know i for one would love a Droid app so i could have the security of the Scanmaster without velcroing a fugly black box with an LED readout to the dash, which is why i asked in the first place.. but sadly, technical knowledge and ability in this area is something i lack.

most of the programming whiz kids I know are making apps for things they do. what I don't see them doing is driving OBD1 cars......
just a thought............