is there a way to prevent oil leak?

I have the GN1 covers and the breather leaks oil on the righ side under boost. I am going to try brather filter material inside it next.

Here's a $3 fix. Make your own PCV block-off valve. Get a small open/close valve at the hardware store and then when you race the car, you can block it off. When not racing turn the valve to open the line to the PCV valve. It worked great on my car for years with oil blowing out the breaathers, ever, plus, when street driving you have a functioning PCV. Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 395
I just made a breather tank. I use a pcv check valve and run both valve cover breathers to the tank. I have never had oil leaking on the headers anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_3477.jpg
    IMG_3477.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 383
Mine did the same thing. Replaced pcv with the correct Delco unit and I bought a new driver side vc breather that has a 45 degree slant in it from gbodyparts. Seems to have eliminated my problems.

you guys are good!! changed pcv with a brand new one and my oil problem seems to be gone:eek: , and this is at 24-25lbs of boost. thanks for all the input and idea guys, it's amazing what one little pcv valve can do.:cool:

I made some standoffs with the baffle grommet in them.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 360
I fixed my oil leaking problem too.... I had the entire engine dipped in silicone and then the trans started dripping out of pitty for the underside of my car got dry. Go figure!!!

The best way I know to prevent leaks is to leave the motor on the engine stand! No leaks yet!