Is there a time limit on tickets?

SilverSleeper

I just got notice in the mail today that one of my old tickets is still pending.
This happened well over 3 years ago, and just now they are doing something about it?
I hired a lawyer at the time, and I was under the impression that it was taken care of back then.
I just got a form to sign that is for reduction of charges. It was a 71 in a 55 (which was bogus, but now I couldnt possibly fight it since it happened over 3 years ago, I dont even remember it) and a reduction to failure to obey a traffic control device.

Can this still be going on this long? I paid my lawyer for the services way back then, I thought it was over and done with. Obviously my lawyer is an idiot or lazy, but is there any time limit for resolving something like this?

Thanks! -Jay

Either your lawyer made a mistake, or you he screwed you. Going by my experience, I vote for the second choice. Lawyers don't usually make "mistakes" like that.

Find another lawyer to see what is going on and what you can do.

By the way, do NOT ever use Howard Diamond of Denville, NJ!

Originally posted by victa1
By the way, do NOT ever use Howard Diamond of Denville, NJ!

If you're ever in a bind in NJ, look up Michael Justice (yes, Justice). He's a friend of mine and a great lawyer. He got my 75 in a 45 whacked down to a 0-point unsafe operation fine. He specializes in traffic but does criminal as well.

Jim

The same happened to me about 2 years ago, but it wasn't my attorney's fault..........The ticket was never taken out of the Police computer system. Contact your Lawyer about the situation or you can go to the courthouse, get the case docket number, and see what the findings were on the case. If the docket says it's an open case, then your lawyer didn't do his job. If the case was resolved then contact your attorney to resolve the issue. He's already been paid so it shouldn't be a problem....unless he's one of those kind "we" would rather see at the bottom of the bay !!! Good Luck !
Darrell.