Is The Lag Noticeable

texasterror

Gents,

Trying to make my mind up between a jouran bearing turbo or a BB turbo. In particular, im looking to replace my TE-60 (which took a mean dump on me) with: A) 6265 or B) 6262. (not sure which turbo). For folks who have owned the same turbo with a journal bearing and BB (probably not too many people), is the lag that noticeable?

Regards,

When I had my te60-1 rebuilt the builder used a Garrett dual ball bearing Centre section. There is a slight noticeable difference however there was almost zero lag even when it was a journal bearing turbo, this with the big front mount intercooler.

I can't speak for the 6265 or 6262 just what I noticed with the te60-1.

What converter+combo?...
Ive ran them all so only speaking from my combo, In my opinion neither are going to spool as quick as a 60-1 (that might be all you need), but the 6265BB will be close to a 6262 jb maybe 300rpm off, journal for journal the 6262 will spool quicker then the 6265 (it did on mine)...also really depends on the rest of your combination.. also all power felt the same below 23psi on all of them.

What converter+combo?...
Ive ran them all so only speaking from my combo, In my opinion neither are going to spool as quick as a 60-1 (that might be all you need), but the 6265BB will be close to a 6262 jb maybe 300rpm off, journal for journal the 6262 will spool quicker then the 6265 (it did on mine)...also really depends on the rest of your combination.. also all power felt the same below 23psi on all of them.

Stock Ported Irons, 3200 stall TQ (i think its a 10" Vigalante), 204-214 flat tap cam, bored .30 over, alky, Don Wang Build Tranny, Front Mount, 80# injectors, Eric marshal SD2, hotwire kit. The bit regarding them all feeling the same pretty much helped me make my decision. Going to make my t-type my daily so it will drive "normal" until i step on it during the weekends. going for a 6266 BB.

Stock Ported Irons, 3200 stall TQ (i think its a 10" Vigalante), 204-214 flat tap cam, bored .30 over, alky, Don Wang Build Tranny, Front Mount, 80# injectors, Eric marshal SD2, hotwire kit. The bit regarding them all feeling the same pretty much helped me make my decision. Going to make my t-type my daily so it will drive "normal" until i step on it during the weekends. going for a 6266 BB.
That's a good street combo.. it should rip..

A 3200 vig wont couple well with 11.50 or better power though it may feel like a missile from a stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's because of the design of the converter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What converter+combo?...

I'd like to run as much boost as possible without blowing my motor. I'd like to run it close to 30 pounds as possible. I think it's doable as long as the tune is right. I believe I have the right components to do that.

I'd like to run as much boost as possible without blowing my motor. I'd like to run it close to 30 pounds as possible. I think it's doable as long as the tune is right. I believe I have the right components to do that.
Its all in the tune/octane... ive been over 30+psi(not on purpose tho control gets away sometimes without good controllers/co2).. I wouldn't make a habit of 30# unless your motor , tune and fuel system are spot on, but that's just me.....
You seem to have the right stuff if you can tune.. a billet 6266 is going to move some big cfm's at 30#s

Its all in the tune/octane... ive been over 30+psi(not on purpose tho control gets away sometimes without good controllers/co2).. I wouldn't make a habit of 30# unless your motor , tune and fuel system are spot on, but that's just me.....
You seem to have the right stuff if you can tune.. a billet 6266 is going to move some big cfm's at 30#s

I installed My SD2 chip and powerlogger. I played with the tuning a bit but i haven't really get into the nitty gritty but hopefully I'll have time in the next two months to play with and have a friend work with me and teach me how to "master it". I just would like to have 600Hp to the wheels so i can beat a GTR from a dig and the various exotics in my neighborhood (I'm the oddball out in my neighborhood so it would be nice to beat my neighbors Lambo and the Viper thats three houses away and the new vet in front of my house). If i can do that on a lower boost then so be it. If i blow this motor up im already looking at stroker motor. I'll keep everyone posted of how bad arse this Turbo is but im sure everybody knows.

With drag radials and a good launch with some boost you will beat anyone of those cars 0-120 mph, it can be done with less boost then 30 and much less then 600rwhp..

With drag radials and a good launch with some boost you will beat anyone of those cars 0-120 mph, it can be done with less boost then 30 and much less then 600rwhp..

Hope So. I installed some weld drag lites (15X10) and some MT 295/55-15. I also insalled S10 rear brakes (not the whole break system but a certain part that i cant think of at the moment and line lock). I also installed Kirbans rear seat brace. Im about to Order the HR rear sway bar, and redo my body bushings (using GM bushings) and I should pretty much have a decent set up to lauch properly (As long as I dont suck and I dont blow up my motor). I have read several times that most are afraid to max out the potential of their turbo's but i'd like to see if i could do that. I dont think i have the right engine parts (Forged Crank, Girlde, and Aluminum Heads) but if do blow this motor up, my next engine will probably be a stroker or possibly an already built stage motor.

Hope So. I installed some weld drag lites (15X10) and some MT 295/55-15. I also insalled S10 rear brakes (not the whole break system but a certain part that i cant think of at the moment and line lock). I also installed Kirbans rear seat brace. Im about to Order the HR rear sway bar, and redo my body bushings (using GM bushings) and I should pretty much have a decent set up to lauch properly (As long as I dont suck and I dont blow up my motor). I have read several times that most are afraid to max out the potential of their turbo's but i'd like to see if i could do that. I dont think i have the right engine parts (Forged Crank, Girlde, and Aluminum Heads) but if do blow this motor up, my next engine will probably be a stroker or possibly an already built stage motor.
Sounds good so far..:sneaky: