Is street performance still in buisness?????

johnski

I am looking to have my 130,000 mile shortblock "freshened up" I tried calling the phone number I got off another TR website but it was no longer in service. Anyone know what's up?

I Hope they are no longer in Business,,from what I heard......:eek:

If you're talking about Gary Oswald , he has a new shop in Elk Grove Village.... Ill try and find out the # , but from what I hear , he isnt the best... ;) :confused:

Originally posted by red89notch
If you're talking about Gary Oswald , he has a new shop in Elk Grove Village.... Ill try and find out the # , but from what I hear , he isnt the best... ;) :confused:
Please tell me it isnt that Ricer shop ,off of higgins by that old train car...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r

No , they seem to build high hp bigblock motors and still seem to have a few GN's/T types around... I forget what street its on actually... Its where another performance shop used to be , forget the name though... :(

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r

I doubt he's doing rice burners, he's old school.
I've done a lot of business with Gary in the past, he's been
around forever and IMO he knows his stuff but he has kind
of a dry personality. Just curious, why the bad rep? Has he
screwed people in the past?

Originally posted by topfuel
I doubt he's doing rice burners, he's old school.
I've done a lot of business with Gary in the past, he's been
around forever and IMO he knows his stuff but he has kind
of a dry personality. Just curious, why the bad rep? Has he
screwed people in the past?

Not screwed, but like you said, he's old school.

Originally posted by DCVING 6
Not screwed, but like you said, he's old school.

Like using nitrous kits to spool a big turbo , rather than a matched converter , 3.73 gear rather than stock 3.42 , etc? :eek:

The guy I bought my GN from had a newly rebuilt motor that gary did for him. I barely had enough $$$ for the car so I had to pass on it. I wish I knew who the guy was that bought it because he was going to put it in a camaro. I would like to know if he ever got it together or if he has a really big project collecting dust somewhere. From what I have heard gary is really good but sometimes takes longer than promised. I called ANS last week and left a message for someone to call me but they never did. After I read the thread about the guy that is getting the runnaround from them I think I will take my stuff elsewhere.:confused:

If this is the gary im thinking of i was going to buy that motor and put it in my camaro but i ended up just buying a 87 gn to play with...

Originally posted by johnski
The guy I bought my GN from had a newly rebuilt motor that gary did for him. I barely had enough $$$ for the car so I had to pass on it. I wish I knew who the guy was that bought it because he was going to put it in a camaro. I would like to know if he ever got it together or if he has a really big project collecting dust somewhere. From what I have heard gary is really good but sometimes takes longer than promised. I called ANS last week and left a message for someone to call me but they never did. After I read the thread about the guy that is getting the runnaround from them I think I will take my stuff elsewhere.:confused:

You bought that clean ass GN from the guy in Racine?

I bought that motor, its gone now and so is the Camaro!

Originally posted by ONLY 231
You bought that clean ass GN from the guy in Racine?

I bought that motor, its gone now and so is the Camaro!
Yep, but the super-clean texas body had alot of rust under all the t-tops and a lousy repair job done previously,probably when the last repaint was done. How did the motor run? I remember it had alot of goodies. Still wish I could have bought everything he had for the car.

Yep, but the super-clean texas body had alot of rust under all the t-tops and a lousy repair job done previously,probably when the last repaint was done. How did the motor run? I remember it had alot of goodies. Still wish I could have bought everything he had for the car.

Never had the motor in a car, unfortunately.

I had to sell everything due to not having a job to fund my project. If i would have held on to everything, that would have been done by now since I am working again. O well, maybe another time.

I've moved on to v8 power ;)

Originally posted by ONLY 231
Never had the motor in a car, unfortunately.

I had to sell everything due to not having a job to fund my project. If i would have held on to everything, that would have been done by now since I am working again. O well, maybe another time.

I've moved on to v8 power ;)
Do you know what happened with the car after you sold it??? I would love to get my hands on that motor and put it in my car instead of hunting for a good engine builder who won't hose me.:D

Do you know what happened with the car after you sold it??? I would love to get my hands on that motor and put it in my car instead of hunting for a good engine builder who won't hose me.:D

heads/intake went do a guy out here somewhere.

couple guys came out from MI for the shortblock.

sold the camaro for 2500. had 145,000 on it. 1998 t-top 5spd car.

i have another motor, its pretty much stock though besides for the match ported heads/intake and a small cam. need to sell that too, don't need it.

Street Performance is on Randall Rd in Elk Grove Village, directly behind Hoskins Chevrolet (on arlington heights road). They are in the same "strip" as AES (motor shop) and DRC Tranmissions. I have done alot of work with both Gary Sr. and Gary Jr. Good people in my opinion. Im sure if you call 411 they can get you the number. I am at work right now and cant find it.

Jamin

Originally posted by Ziptie86
Street Performance is on Randall Rd in Elk Grove Village, directly behind Hoskins Chevrolet (on arlington heights road). They are in the same "strip" as AES (motor shop) and DRC Tranmissions. I have done alot of work with both Gary Sr. and Gary Jr. Good people in my opinion. Im sure if you call 411 they can get you the number. I am at work right now and cant find it.

Jamin

847-690-0925