Is my te63-1 gonna be a slug on the street??

gofastr

LOSE2ME
someone told me that the combo that I am building is gonna be a street slug. I don't see how that is gonna happen. I figured I was gonna end up with a street KILLER!?

te63-1
72's
fmic
204/214 cam
champion ported irons and itake
usual other stuff
3500 stall 9/11 converter

what do you guys have to say about this?

I say KILLER. Might want (or need) to brake boost every now and then, but you'll be pressed to find anything floating around on the street that will hang with that combo once tuned. Go with a Max Effort 16-pos chip and you will be REALLY happy with it.

That's gonna ROCK! You might not spool as fast as, say a 44, but WHO CARES. If somebody does get the jump on you it probably won't be for long. Better get some ET Streets. I know street driven cars around here generally don't run tens, which will probably be what it takes to beat something like this. At least it will sound cool. wisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss............. (my best turbo imitation):D

I am not too thrilled with my TA62 and 3200 lockup converter on the street.

No heads or cam either.

Then again I just replaced a PTE51 which spooled like the stocker with the 3200. ;)

We'll see tomorrow how it really runs at the track. :)

I have a similar combo and it is awesome! The 9/11 converter is what that turbo needs. Your going o have fun with that setup. Turbo lag with that big shaft turbo and converter is next to none. I had a 62 before and didnt like it near as much.

Like someone above mentioned, it may not spool quite as quick as say a TE44 and a D5 convertor but once the boost kicks in your biggest rpoblem will be traction. The other thing is that you will probably only be able to run 15-17psi of boost on pump gas so the turbo will be well out of its efficiency range which is likely 24psi +. No biggie though, I'm sure it will still pull like mad, and the pucker factor will definately be there when the turbo hits full boost. :D

Trust me it will spool like a mother! With the 9/11 converter it should spool just as fast if not faster than a 44. Efficiency range is about 26 lbs. I run 22 lbs on pump gas and alcohol. Traction is a problem but I solved that with some 255/50/16 BFG drag radials. HUGE grins are just down the road. :D spool :D spool :D

My 63 spools like yesterday.I only have a 3200 stall too.A v8 car can punch it right next to me from a roll and still never pull on me.Not even a little bit.

dont worry youll love the te63-1. i just went from a te62 to the te63-1 spools like a bastard, same as the te62.

I have no problem with the below combo. As c&cgn said, it will be out of the efficiency spot if you have to run low boost for pump gas. That is the way it is with mine.

yes i still have the 62 but im not really hot to sell it right now. its nice to have a spare. sorry.

THAT'S WHAT I'M GETTING AT GUYS, THE EFFICIENCY ZONE OF THE TURBO. ON PUMP GAS AT 17PSI, EVEN THOUGH I'M OUT OF THE EFFICIENCY ZONE, IT STILL SHOULD RIP A$$ THOUGH, HUH? MAYBE ALCHY IS IN THE FUTURE, BUT NOT RIGHT AWAY. THIS TURBO HAS TO BE FLOWING MORE AIR AT 17 PSI THAN A TA49 IS AT 22PSI??

That's the same combo I'm shooting for. Damn, wish I was there now! You're gonna have fun :)

-Banning.