Is my converter stock? powerlogger file

Qwkspool

Hey guys, how can I tell if my converter is stock or not. Ive had the car for a few years and have done all the necessity stuff. When I started changing parts/spring cleaning I could see that it wasn't stock like I thought. It had 237 regulator, blue tops, volt booster, and a chip. I just drove it around town mostly and never really launched the car until today because I just mounted up some MT ET Street drag radials to help cure my traction problem I was having after installing Razors kit. I logged a few launches on my powerlogger. I'm not sure if this is right but when I see 1 mph, I go back to the timeframe before it at 0 mph and see what boost and rpms are at and take it as what I am launching the car at. If that's correct I am seeing 2950-3050 rpms and 11-14.7 lbs of boost. I uploaded a couple of dat files from powerlogger to see if anyone can help me out. Thanks

Attachments

• dr.dat
    134.4 KB · Views: 40
  • dr1.dat
    98.4 KB · Views: 27
I am unable to open the data file, but if you remove the inspection cover (4 screws) below the bell housing, you will expose the t/c and on it will be stamped "D-5". Some owners have had theirs restalled. The stock t/c was 1800-1900 rpm.(w/some have claimed 2100rpm.) If it a D-5 and you are able to brake-stall it to 2400 or above, it's been restalled.

Thanks for the reply. I zipped the files so it should work now.

Attachments

• dr.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 32
  • dr1.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 20
You can't just double click on them, you have to open them with Powerlogger! And the OP didn't need to zip them, dat files are just fine on this board.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.

You can't just double click on them, you have to open them with Powerlogger! And the OP didn't need to zip them, dat files are just fine on this board.
Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.
I agree Dave but they don't "open" with "my computer"?! See if you can help him out.

You can't use my computer. dat files must be opened with powerlifter on its f3 screen.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

Turbo dave, did you take a glance at the logs? Is it even possible to tell what converter I have by looking at the logs?

The zero boost stall is around 2200 so it looks stock. The only way to know for sure though is to remove the dust cover and eyeball it.

Turbo dave, did you take a glance at the logs? Is it even possible to tell what converter I have by looking at the logs?
Sorry no, been on the road all weekend.

You can't use my computer. dat files must be opened with powerlifter on its f3 screen.

That should say powerlogger, damn auto correct!