Is It Worth it? - 01 Camaro SS ($8000) vs 99 Formula ($5900)

Cant go wrong with ss i love mine they are very fast if you get it to hook slp did a great job all ss are not the same mine has all slp options and some extra bolt ons but the gn still has my heart.

With equal options, I would take the Pontiac.
By the time the 4th gens came along the F bodies were pretty generic.

IMO the 3rd gen Firebirds handle better than the Camaros and both better than the 4th gens. and with the headlights off on a 3rd gen FB they are just enough faster to win.:biggrin:

But the LS motor is great.

So did you get the SS? Any updates?

SS ended up being a Z28 with SS badges on it and no RPO sticker on the driver's door; the owner with the Formula never called me or answered my emails.

Belive it or not O may be purchasing a Mustang... lol :redface:

What's this supposed to mean?

I think it means were frustrated cause you're asking for advice and not taking it. You don't change horses midstream...saying you're switching to a Mustang to the LS1 folks who got drawn into this thread isn't exactly gonna get you any high-fives.

I think it means were frustrated cause you're asking for advice and not taking it. You don't change horses midstream...saying you're switching to a Mustang to the LS1 folks who got drawn into this thread isn't exactly gonna get you any high-fives.

No this kid asks all the time what to buy and is it a good deal. He cant make any decision by himself:rolleyes::rolleyes: Then sells it :rolleyes: His next post will be how to add air to tires:rolleyes: Then he rips apart a GN that is for sale for 12k. Funny he has never seen 12k in his life before. We all know its not allowed to rip apart a car on this sight. And why do it especially if you cant even buy it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You must know more about him than I do :confused:

I'm just trying to help out a fellow LS1 fan...so when I hear Mustang I'm like WTF? Why bother putting so much thought and effort into my posts to give good advice that doesn't get taken? I feel like I'm more committed to buying an F-body by this time than the OP is. :mad:

Ironically, I DID just get an LS1 though. Damn near fell into my lap last week :cool:

You must know more about him than I do :confused:

I'm just trying to help out a fellow LS1 fan...so when I hear Mustang I'm like WTF? Why bother putting so much thought and effort into my posts to give good advice that doesn't get taken? I feel like I'm more committed to buying an F-body by this time than the OP is. :mad:

Ironically, I DID just get an LS1 though. Damn near fell into my lap last week :cool:

I seen that congrats!! Nice low miles too.:cool:

I seen that congrats!! Nice low miles too.:cool:

Thanks! I know, crazy right? I actually feel like its TOO low...I mean how can you drive a car with exactly 5001 miles? Its awesome and also frustrating.

But I'm not complaining! :biggrin:

Means you cant wipe a$$ without asking how to do it.

WHYYY ARE YOU BACK ON MY THREADS?! Seriously man are you really that infatuated with me? You sitting by your computer waiting for me to post so you can reply to it is cute and all, but its getting annoying and was never necessary to begin with.

Well the only reason I "switched" to Mustang was because the two LS1 cars were no long available like I said - the one for $8k was a "fake" SS and I suspect that the Formula is gone since I have been trying nonstop to contact the owner and he hasn't replied. A Mustang happened to come up on the local craigslist for around $1500 under KBB value and looked like a good deal, so I figured why not mention it...

LOL! I could care less about you Kevin. I stayed out of this one for a while. I replied on 1 other thread a year ago [ i guess that means im in love with you:rolleyes:] but seing you are waisting these peoples time with your stupidness i felt i would chime in. Why dont you try thinking to yourself instead of outloud so you quit waisting peoples time day dreaming. Im done here go get your moderators to shut this down too:rolleyes::rolleyes::biggrin:

LOL! I could care less about you Kevin. I stayed out of this one for a while. I replied on 1 other thread a year ago [ i guess that means im in love with you:rolleyes:] but seing you are waisting these peoples time with your stupidness i felt i would chime in. Why dont you try thinking to yourself instead of outloud so you quit waisting peoples time day dreaming. Im done here go get your moderators to shut this down too:rolleyes::rolleyes::biggrin:

Me posting here is not forcing anybody to read it or give an opinion. The title tells what the thread contains. Those who decide to open it and give advice/opinions do so at their own discrestion. You, on the other hand, have no life and feel the need to get involved for some reason unknown to me...