Is it the accumulator?

DynamicGN

Powermaster problems...ran accumulator test from gnttype.org, it falls within specs, warning light turns off 5 seconds after system is depressurised, but my problem is that when i push the brake pedal, the brake light comes on for a split second, brake motor runs during that time, then shuts off as well as light. The car does not brake well during that split second. If I push the pedal really slow and light, brakes operate normally. However, under normal to heavy operation, i have the split second delay as well as light on for that split second. Could this be the accumulator even though it supposedly falls within specs?

A. Harder Pedal Feel 4 cases:

1. Accumulator with low gas charge: Symptoms - Pedal is momentarily hard and/or brake warning light flickers on with nomal to fast brake applies.

Sounds like your case.

Others are dead switch which is permanently hard pedal for sure.

Pump failure same thing hard pedal all the time.

Internal or External Leakage: Symptoms - Pedal remains hard on most or all applies. Brake fluid may be present on outside or rear of unit. Pump runs continuously or cycles frequently (with or without brake application).

If you aren't case 1 you could be case 4, sounds like 1 to me though.

Key on wait about 5 minutes and see if it cycles with NO brake applies.

I just recently had the same problem on my car that you are describing and I replaced the accumulator and it works perfect now.

I agree with the other two posters, bad acc. However, if it were me, and it was, instead of dropping $200 on a temp fix, I would spend the extra $80 and convert to hydroboost. Definately a more permanent fix. You can get all new parts for $275. ---Keith