Is it sticking?

Good2win22

Ok fellas, here's the deal.... Stock 87K BRF transmission shifts completely normal under daily driving conditions. When under WOT, transmission will sometimes shift normally at around 5000 RPM and most times it will not shift until I get off of the throttle. Then getting back to WOT, it will down shift and repeat.

TV cable is adjusted accordingly and I've checked the spring on the governor and it's intact. Fluid and filter has recently been changed. No burnt smell and I went with the dexron vi.

Could the TV cable be over riding the governor? If I take a few clicks out of the cable adjuster, the car shifts early and quite sluggish.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

TV plunger or TV valve may be binding/sticking from rarely being in WOT position, trash, burrs etc..
Can try disconnecting the TV cable & giving it a dozen or so Full/WOT pulls & letting it snap back to Idle position.

I found a thread that almost identified my problem to the "t". Same response as yours. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens with hopes that it works. Not fun hitting the rev limiter in 1st gear....