is it real??

zslave

I am thinking about buying a "GN" that has been painted blue. (I like the blue and I can always put it back as it belongs when I get sick of it) The seller says he bought it as a GN. The RPO sticker is missing as they have painted the inside of the trunk and the door jambs with the color change. It has the right seats and such. I want a driver and it is a good deal but I still wonder. I have carfaxed it and we all know what that tells us, it was turbocharged from the factory, and built in 1987. Can anyone help me? The vin is: 1g4gj1175hp465207
Thanks
Chris
zslave@yahoo.com

I ran the carfax and it shows a rear end collision. Check and double check the rear end and see what could have been damaged. Might have been mild, might have been frame damaging. You MUST look at it on a lift to truly get a good scope of it. Is 55k the correct mileage of the odometer? What color is the console? If the lower half is black, that's a GN console. T's had grey. Also look at the firewall and inside the engine compartment and under interior pieces. Unless it's a WE4, if the metal is black EVERYWHERE it's a GN.

Bottom line is this: if it's not been wrecked badly, and you like it...get it! GN or not, it's gotta make YOU happy.

Blue GN

I went to see this car and it is an incredible piece of crap(I wasted a beauitiful Sunday).. It is in Kansas. If anyone is thinking about wasting their time going to see this car, e-mail me and I'll tell you all about it. The search is still on.
Chris

Re: Blue GN

Originally posted by zslave
I went to see this car and it is an incredible piece of crap(I wasted a beauitiful Sunday).. It is in Kansas. If anyone is thinking about wasting their time going to see this car, e-mail me and I'll tell you all about it. The search is still on.
Chris

C'mon.. Give us the dirt! :D

How much do they want for it?

Re: Blue GN

Originally posted by zslave
Chris

Where in Kansas?

:)

- Freed

It was in Senica Ks, but the owner lives in Topeka. It is Blue and has been wrecked. The mileage is in no way close to the 55,000 that he"ll tell you it is, and the tach and gas guage are screwed up thanks to his turning back the odometer. Nothing worked and there isn't even an anteanna for the radio, no hole even in the pass side fender. The brother in law told me it was painted in a barn for $500, not quite the "not show quality paint job but pretty close" that I was told. THe new t-top seals might have worked if the windows even got close to them when they were up!! Is it bad when the car is not running and the brake lights are on!! Even with no keys in the car??!! I thought so. I normally am not this bitter but I wasted a whole day going to look at this car( I had the cash in hand) and I was lied to. The only honest guy was the brother in law who showed me the car. I since have found a real 48,000 mile car that I will probably get tomorrow. I just wanted to warn the other patrons of this site so they won't waste their time either. I still have the pics of the car if anyone wants to see them.
I am looking forward to owning a TR and being a part of this group of good car fanatics.
Thanks
Chris

By the way he wants $7200. and the front fenders flap like seagull wings at 40mph.

Sounds like you did waste a trip. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the only thing that car would be good for is a parts car, and that only if he drops the price by about $6k.

:(

- Freed

is this that blue car w/ the weld or centerline rims that has been for sale for ever? has pics of it next to a jet airplane and had or has hawian pattern flower blue and white seat covers?

No, it is a different car, it has torque thrust 2 wheels. I'll try to find some pictures.

This makes me think of high school days. In my hometown there was a vette, probably a '76. It sat on a used car lot from '79 to mid 1980 because it was yellow. They painted it brown and it was sold within a week. Go figure; now yellow is a premium.