is it possible a 86 or 87 GN motor would fit in my 78 turbo buick

CLEANb4theBLack

Hi I own a 78 Turbo Buick regal and I been thinking about swapping my H/A 3.8 4bbl carb with a 86 or 87 GN engine I just want to know is it possible b4 I go out and buy the engine and if so wat will I need to complete this transportation? If so can u guys help me out?

Yes it will fit with relative ease. Best bet is have the donor car there and swap it all over rather than searching for individual pieces to complete the swap. If not, A wire harness, fuel pump and lines, tank, ecm, trans x-member and driveshaft and all the little and even smaller bits to make it all come together.

OK thanks im also considering changing the dash out with a newer one would I also half to swap dash wires? And thanks for the info

My 78 Turbo Buick check her out >>>>>>>

26119_105401456155477_100000568687640_137699_5695952_n.jpg

Very nice looking car there. Adam's made a very good point here. The entire wiring harness is needed front to back for the operating systems of the car. The puter isn't the only thing that you need here. The harness can be used for the main but you have to add an additional harness for the puter. Plus the gas tank isn't even close for an SFI motor. A donor car is needed so you have most of the parts. Fuel lines will also need to be changed. If you want to go with the 84-85 set up I've got most of the under hood parts you need as well as the puter. I need to get rid of a bunch of parts so if you're interested send me a PM.

Thanks @ charlief and@ Flint I put a lot of time and money in her just ready for the Gn power I wont it to be the ultimate sleeper but Ill hit u as soon as I take care of my bills if u still have some of those parts I will pm u thanks for all the advice.....

Thanks again
@charlief
@warwagon