Is it ok to open exhaust dump 1/8"?

1QuikV6

SSgt, US Marine Corps
I opened my Mease Dump about 1/8" with some thick washers. I really like the sound as my TE60 sings.

I was just wondering if this will do anything to hurt performance.

That's a great idea, I love the way the turbo whistles through the dump, but it's a little overwhelming, how's it sound with just a few washers? Don't think it would hurt performance any.

It sounds unbelievable. Louder, but not obnoxious loud. And the turbo REALLY sings. I giggled to myself all the way home from work. :D

I would LOVE to have a setup like that (and intend on getting one), but I can only afford a few washers at the moment. And I'm pretty pleased with the results.

another method is to use longer bolts and place springs between the plate and a washer under the head of the bolt allowing it to be held closed while at idle and cruise, but open up when enough pressure pushes on the springs. This does take some tinkering as far as spring pressure and getting the plate to not jam open, but does provide for an interesting end result.

Those are two awesome ideas at the moment i run an open dump all the time and it can get a little tough on the ears (not to mention my neighbors car alarms going off:rolleyes: ) guess what im doing when i get home (both) we will see which works better for me
MAN I LOVE THIS BOARD
good thinking guys!!:cool:

A GP would be great. I would jump on that in a second.

Mark, I've always been impressed with the items you come up with for our cars. Thanks to you, I will never be overwhelmed with money. Keep it up. I'm always curious as to what you will come up with next.

Just put an external gate vented to atmosphere...yahOOOOOOOO!!

Danster, not planning on a GP for these. Don't feel like getting into a M***E situation! :eek: The machinist that makes these up for me can barely keep up as it is. Obviously you have to use a dump on a test pipe, won't work with the cat. We recommend that you cut off the short bolts that are welded on most cutouts as they are not long enough and usually are not tacked on straight and/or centered. And of course these are made for off-road use only!.:D Use on the street at your own risk.