Is it me or are Gas prices coming down.

Little6pack

I paid $1.45 for 87 today.

Up north away from the hustle & bustle it was $1.41 fo 87.
GO FIGURE?
You think in the rural areas it would cost more to ship.

Maybe us folks in the Urban areas are being taken for A BIG RIDE??

I said it months ago when everyone complained about the high prices - as soon as we went into Iraq and began winning, prices would plummet. Its all hype. You are now seeing the drop in prices that actually took place 3 weeks ago the day the war started.

Se,, they raise the price immediately on hype (even for the gas in the ground already paid for) but take a month to drop it since the gas in the ground was "paid for at the higher price"

All a big scam - but we have no choice.

Originally posted by tjthorson

All a big scam - but we have no choice.

Yes we do. We can choose to drive less. Get more fuel efficient cars. Etc.

Originally posted by tjthorson
I said it months ago when everyone complained about the high prices - as soon as we went into Iraq and began winning, prices would plummet.

i remember you saying that...

-neil

Paid $1.69 for 89 octane today in the New Haven CT area but right down the street they were still getting $1.79.:eek:

Which island were you on Gregg? I believe the local news reported that gas was around $2.50 a gallon on Maui a couple of weeks ago, I think that was for 87 octane. I paid $2.11 a gallon for 92 octane yesterday here on Oahu, it was around $1.90 a gallon before the recent price rise.

Kenne-bill, I was on Kauai and Maui. The gas was cheaper in Kauai, like 2.09 a gal. But I did see it as high as 2.65 in Maui.:eek: I was there for 3 weeks and did not see one mid 80's regal let alone a TR. You must have a tough time finding parts in the junkyards.

If you had visited Oahu you likely would have seen TRs and GNs, hard to imagine but they are kind of plentiful here. I usually see TRs on the road while driving at least a few times a week.:)

It was the same as the last Gulf War... as soon as the war started, the reserves for the US were opened and gas price took a sharp nose dive. But before that, it was painful pill to swallow. I used to work in a fitness club then and all the guys with 5.0 Mustangs used to talk of how bad it was to fill the tank... back then I was a teenager driving a V8 Le Mans so I was having the same pains for a kid with no money.

As for going out in the rural areas to get gas.. that's SO much the truth. I used to live in a rural county and would NEVER get gas in the city. Usually you can find two gas stations near each other in a suburban or rural area that is having a price war... we win that war.

Latest price here for gas... last time I looked Euro 1.07/liter... that comes out to about $3.90 per gallon... for regular.