Is it Legal?

BallisticV6

Does anyone here know if it is legal to drive around the state of NJ with a 14-71 blower sticking out of your hood?
I can get a hold of one and now Im planning to put it in my project car, a 89 firebird with a bbc 502.

Damn!

DAMN You guys are a bad influence....Well I guess Ill just have to pick up that big 14-71 and bolt it on my car and worry about the law when I get pulled over.

Had a 6-71 sticking thru the hood of my 66 Chevelle in CT. Drove thru Jersey a few times with it and never got stopped if that counts.:D Believe they can stop you for obstruction of vision if the cop had a hair across his ass.

Before the supercharger I had dual quads sticking thru the hood on a tunnel ram and DID get stopped but I was doing a full throttle nitrous run on a back road (didn't see the cop in time:mad: ) He liked the car and just gave me a ticket for excessive noise.:)

Takes a while to get used to driving with that big lump of aluminum in your line of vision.:D

Don't know if it's illegal or not, but I don't think a 14-71 would be a good thing to have on the street. It will destroy any shred of low-speed efficiency you might have, it will create TONS of heat at part throttle and idle, and once you wind it up it will create way more power than you could ever harness on the street.

Jeez, with a blower that size wouldn't it suck all the oxygen out of the air in a 2 block radius? In that case it would be mass murder which I think is illegal.

Ha,Ha. I couldn't resist. I hope you can because that sounds like it would be one neat ride.

Only if your drunk hanging out the window shooting a pistol or assault rifle wildly on your way to a night of strippers and gambling in Atlantic city . In that case its Ok . Oh and you have to be at least double the speed limit . :p

It's been too many years back, and for Maryland, but I imagine that the law would fall under hood scoops.

But just from what I'm thinking with that particular blower, you may have some troubles with the law. Find someone that performs state inspections. Or perhaps contact the state troopers office for the offical law. When I was studying to MSI, I remember the 'height' for hood scoops and stuff. This was right around the time I had bought my GN. First car I've had with a scoop. Sorry, but memory fails me now as to what that exact height was.

Originally posted by galoush
Only if your drunk hanging out the window shooting a pistol or assault rifle wildly on your way to a night of strippers and gambling in Atlantic city . In that case its Ok . Oh and you have to be at least double the speed limit . :p

Yea that's the ticket ;)