Is a greater force against me finishing this car?

Project TNX

So I'm watching the kids yesterday and decide to do what I can with my Turbo Shield in the meantime. I grab the dremel and two needle files and go to town.

The Dremel will cut through anything, but it takes 1 minute to load a new disk and 30 seconds of cutting to wear it down to nothing. But I don't want to use my die grinder because it's small work and I don't want the die grinder to get away from me. I used the thin blades on the first cut and then come in with the larger ones to open it up. So I go through every cutting wheel I had to cut the left hand side of the shield in. I move on, stain my entire fence and go and buy new cutting wheels when I am done.

So I get back and start cutting in the right side, get all the lines in and go to switch to the larger wheels. Enlrging the holes on the left hand side was the easier of the two tasks, but on the right side it keeps binding on me. Then BAM, my frigging flex shaft snaps in half, bastard. No finishing the shield for me yesterday. But being the dweeb I am I paint it silver just to see what it's going to look like anyways (It's getting powdercoated to match my engine this week). Today I have no choice, I'm pulling the die grinder out. :xfings:

tnxshield1.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

Up today:

Finish the shield, finish the louvers, try and finish up the wiring. I got a bunch of little things done, installed the Firewall heatshield, cut in and prepped the GNX louvers, prepped the GNX flares, a bunch of little stuff. Hopefully next week I'll start the final priming and block sanding. :xfings:

It feels that way sometimes, doesn't it? I've stopped giving myself deadlines for my car, it just leads to frustration and disappointment.

The shield is looking good.

I think it's a good example of what is called "Murphy' Law"...which goes something like this: IF SOMETHING CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG, IT WILL"...

BTW...the shield looks great!

Claude.;)

It finally quit raining, so I'm going to go and give the die grinder a whirl. If this thing gets away from me I am going to get ticked. Hopefully it only takes a few minutes and then I can sand the bumper fillers and be covered head to toe in dust.

The new tnX emblem sure makes that Buick emblem look sorry. Are you going to touch it up?

PS: LS2 smilies dont work here. ;)

The new tnX emblem sure makes that Buick emblem look sorry. Are you going to touch it up?

PS: LS2 smilies dont work here. ;)

Oh, it's getting touched up for sure. I just pulled it out of it's packaging, it's a 20k mile grille I bought right before their prices sky rocketed.

LS2? You must be thinking of another guy that has a Purple Trans Am and has been building a TNX for 5 years, lol. :cool:

shieldtrial2.jpg