Irradic Shifting

are_one

Lately the GN has been having trouble with the trans. On occasion at 45-50mph it will shift back and forth from 4th to OD. It is kind of bothersome because the car somewhat surges. Is there a problem with the solinoid or something?

Don't know how severe your shifting back and forth is, but at that speed is around where the computer locks the converter. It has been an area of constant comment by customers ever since lock ups came into being. At both Toyota and G.M. the basic fix was "don't drive at that speed", but let's see what some of the true pro's here have to say. My comment is based on factory remedy, not a true fix. The idea is drive just above that point, or just under it. thanks, Mark :D

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Don't know how severe your shifting back and forth is, but at that speed is around where the computer locks the converter. It has been an area of constant comment by customers ever since lock ups came into being. At both Toyota and G.M. the basic fix was "don't drive at that speed", but let's see what some of the true pro's here have to say. My comment is based on factory remedy, not a true fix. The idea is drive just above that point, or just under it. thanks, Mark :D

True that is a way to keep it from happening, but lately it seems like traffic moves so that I stay right at that speed, its starting to frustrate me. But if its common, I guess I just have to deal with it.

YOU MUST FIRST VERIFY IF IT IS 3/4 SHUTTLE SHIFTING OR TORQUE CONVERTOR CLUTCH ENGAGEMENT .BASED ON THE DESCRIPTION ID SATY YOU NEED TO REDUCE THE TV CABLE SETTING.LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS ,WHAT IS THE FULL THROTTLE 1/2 SHIFT AT IN RPMS?DOES THE CAR BACKSHIFT FROM 2 TO 1 IN MANUAL 2 WITH LESS THAN 3/4 THROTTLE?REPLY SO WE CAN HELP.