Introducing My 426 Original mile 1987 Limited Turbo

gn.87

Time Capsule
I just took delivery of my brand new 27 year old Turbo Buick. It is a 1987 Limited Turbo with the black out package (W02). It is a true time capsule. I can't get over how well preserved this car is. I just attached better pictures. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Very nice.

Are you preserving it or are you going to put on a few miles?

D

Very nice.

Are you preserving it or are you going to put on a few miles?

D

I know that I will be driving the car but have not decided how much. I will most likely preserve it but still enjoy from time to time. These cars need to be driven!

The car is 100% untouched except for the battery. While I was looking to purchase a Turbo Buick I saw a sub 200 mile GNX in Bonita Springs Florida for sale @109k (a little out of my budget) and never thought I would have found a car that compares to the GNX. Although my Limited is not a GN or GNX is would be very hard to duplicate.

Last edited:
Cool bench seat car ! I would drive it .

I will get some under the hood & interior shots this weekend. Yes, it is a bench seat car and column shift. I would prefer buckets and a floor shifter but it is a limited.

Last edited:
Beautiful car. Love white with blue interiors, my favorite!

Very close looking to my car. Very very nice. I am all for driving these cars but I would really hesitate on this one. In 10-20 years when that disposable income from the 30-something's comes about these cars car going to be worth some coin and an example like that will be highly sought after.

Either way, it's your car and your choice. Very very very nice.

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
12.1@113 on street tires

Actually looking at some of your past posts you have owned quite a few low mileage GNs, a GNX, accord?, and blown mustangs.
Do whatever makes you happy.

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
12.1@113 on street tires

I just saw this car today at a turbo buick get together in Fort Lauderdale Florida. This car is unbelievable, the car is as mint as if it came out of the show room floor yesterday. Everything is exceptional, the paint, the underneath, interior and so on, it even has the original goodyear eagle GT tires. Adam it was really nice meeting you today, and you are a very lucky man to have bought yourself the nicest original Turbo Regal T that I ever seen.
Marco

What's the story behind the mileage? Did it sit with a collection or the famous little ol lady never drove it? Lol

What's the story behind the mileage? Did it sit with a collection or the famous little ol lady never drove it? Lol

The original owner special ordered the car through a family member who worked at GM with the intention of keeping it forever. That family member who worked at GM had to have the car titled in his name for 1 year before he could transfer it. (the records shows an owner change but it was just on paper that way) The car was put away and never really used. The original owner passed away in 2010 and the car was re-titled after the estate was settled and that family member sold the car as they had no interest. The car actually stayed in the same spot from 1987-2014 in the original owners garage in Ohio. The guy who bought it from the estate knew what he was purchasing but it was a quick flip for him. He was the 4th owner on paper but only had in for several months before selling to me. I wish it did not show so many owners but it is what it is and the fact of the matter is what really counts.

Very awesome car. My 2nd TR was a limited that had that same interior though my exterior was also Blue. Even if it has had 4 owners, the great thing about it is the documentation. Anyone can see the mileage really never changing. Again, great car. Time to collect the trophies!

Mine could be the sister as it appears to have the same options but red guts as opposed to blue. The front seats and upper door panels are badly faded though. It's incredible how well preserved yours is but I would think the original owner would drive and enjoy the car if they had a redo.

Last edited:
I have an acquaintance that bought an '11 ZR1 in the spring of '11, put about 150 miles on it in three days and it has never left his garage since. His intentions are to take it to Barret Jackson when it's 10 years old and make a bunch of money on it. I wished him well but said it would be like marrying a super model and saving her for her second husband.