intro from iraq

watevrpal

hey brothers,
i am a apache pilot currently serving in iraq with the 101st and i am introducing myself to this board. i have been a long member basically for browsing and now i have decided to buy a GN. and let me say i want to buy or build a totally streetable high 10 second to low 11 second daily driver. one good thing about being over here is i am building one ehck of a savings. anyway great website and i hope everybody will be willing to help a newb build my dream american muscle car. i am really tired of foreign krap. laters wolf

watevrpal said:
hey brothers,
i am a apache pilot currently serving in iraq with the 101st and i am introducing myself to this board. i have been a long member basically for browsing and now i have decided to buy a GN. and let me say i want to buy or build a totally streetable high 10 second to low 11 second daily driver. one good thing about being over here is i am building one ehck of a savings. anyway great website and i hope everybody will be willing to help a newb build my dream american muscle car. i am really tired of foreign krap. laters wolf

First of all God Bless you for serving our country.
Welcome to the board, there is a lot to be learned here.
If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Hey, welcome to the board. These cars will run those numbers without hardly doing anything to them. My car runs mid 11s with just bolt ons really.

What a coincidence that you should post this, I'm looking to join your ranks. I'm getting out of the Marine Corps specifically to get into the Army WOFT.

Check your PM box :)

Welcome Wolf. First....thanks for your service...2nd keep your head down....3rd anything I can do for you just ask.

Bob

Welcome!

I graduated from Mother Rucker in 1971, my son in 1999. He has flown OH-58's, UH-1's, Blackhawks and now the Eurocopter for the border patrol....He had a wire strike in January and survived :eek: I flew USAF Rescue, UH-1's and Jolly Greens :biggrin: I say all that to say I have an idea of your flying environment and the sacrifice you and your family make to keep me and my family safe....Thank YOU!

I moved your thread to the turbo lounge, you'll have more discussison here.

Good Luck on finding a great car! You should look the TTA FAQ List and become familiar with the Turbo Trans Am. Pontiac made 1555 of them with a refined version of the GN engine. It is easier to modify and get to the times you specified than the GN....Doesn't ride as well or turn heads as much, but it will fly! The Turbo "T" cars are the same as a GN, but less gawdy badging and cleaner looking in my view. You might consider one of those.

Lee

thanks

thanks lee. i graduated from rucker in 2000. i have flown oh58's, ah64-A and now AH64-D. so far things are ok here in iraq we are flying our butt's off though but hey thats what we get paid for. laters wolf

Hey Wolf welcome to the World of Turbo buicks. Thanks for what you do. I am also over here (air force) and looking to spend the money on the car when i get back. Stay safe buddy and thank you again.

watevrpal said:
thanks lee. i graduated from rucker in 2000. i have flown oh58's, ah64-A and now AH64-D. so far things are ok here in iraq we are flying our butt's off though but hey thats what we get paid for. laters wolf

I graduated from WOBC in May of 2000 and UH-60 AQC in July of 2000...PM me.

Including me, I know of us three. Anyone else? You guys are pilots, I am a signal tech. I am in Germany for 6 more months. Then of to 3ID at Stewart.

welcome aboard sir!!

just wanted to make you feel at home :biggrin: i'm sure everyone in here would be willing to do whatever we can for ya :) stay safe fly stright :tongue: and from a former 19delta a warm and heart felt

THANK YOU, for covering our azz when needed

Godspeed

3 huh

well it is good to see that there are 3 i would have bet that there would be no other army or military guys in a forum. so how do you like germany? my branch manager said i can go there if i want to when i get back from iraq. laters wolf

Wolf thanks for all you are doing for our country. Apaches are wicked! Welcome to the Buick Community. ;)

Hey wolf,

I just heard an apache went down over there, let us know you are allright

i am fine

yes an apache got shotdown 2 days ago. it was an apache out of ft hood texas and both pilots are dead. was shot down by an sa-16 or at least that is what the word is right now. no definite info yet though. prayers and hearts go out to the familys and the soldiers of that unit.