Internal vs External Wastegates ? ---

alwayscode390

The only 3" dp for the Syclones seem to come with EXTERNAL wastegates, but when I look for a 3" dp for the TTA most come INTERNAL wastegates.

Whats the advantages/disadvantages of either setup?

I was wanting to try to keep the two builds similar so I can be comfortable with both vehicles.

Thanks
smile1.gif
---

If you race alot... the external gates are able to to be set for a low boost (whatever boost you want really) launch and then ramp boost in from there. For the ultimate in boost control, if you want a really wide range of boost... say 5 psi launch and 35 psi max boost... you may have to step up to CO2 controlled boost. It adds some complexity to the equation, but still not too bad.

The internal gate will not adjust any lower than the min spring setting..... on a TTA, this is probably around 14 psi or so. There is no way to make it hold 5 psi for a launch.... you are forced to use the gas pedal to control boost at the line. It is much more difficult to launch a car like this consistantly.

IMHO, because I want to race at the strip some.... I'd like an external gate on my car... but to do it right... requires different headers (or modify the ones I have now) and a different DP.

How do you intend to use these rides?