Intermittent no power to fuel pump

jess70502

Hello, so I have an 87 GN. Every once and a while I will have no power to the fuel at start up (until today). It has a Aeromotive 340 that I put in it about 2 years ago. It also has a hot wire kit. I bypassed the hot wire and I get the same results. All of my tools are still storage so I can't measure the voltage but it almost seems like it's enough. The fuel pressure gauge barley comes up off of zero. If I let it set for about 15 minutes then it runs just fine. Any help would be great thanks guys.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You need a meter or at last a test light if you want to troubleshoot this.

no other way around it.

I know this, but I'm on the side of the road and its 95 degrees (not really having a good day). Just wondering if anyone would have ideas.

I'd hope that it comes back alive after 15 minutes and point the thing home or to the nearest friends house.

Since it's time related, it sounds more like a dieing fuel pump. If you really want to get McGuver on the side of the road, yank the under dash light out and use that as a test light.

Where is the fuel pump relay located and which other one is the same so I can swap them?