Interior lights and power locks not working

Been putting it off, but its time to fix. The interior lights and the power locks in the 87 GN I just purchased don't work. Are these are the same circuit? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the interior lights?

Thanks,
Kevin

Yea same circuit. Same thing happened to me. Check the radio/clock fuse, mine was blown which caused the issue.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Is the orange wire hot all the time?

Yes, and there is a lot of stuff on it:

Cig-Clk: Antenna relay, AC control head, radio capacitor, security indicator, chime module, instrument cluster (digital), radio, cigar lighter, glove box lite, engine compartment lite, footwell courtesy lites, power door locks, dome lights, trunk lites, vanity mirror lites. These circuits used an orange wire for power supply.

With luck the fuse has fatigued and just needs replacing.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Yes, and there is a lot of stuff on it:

Cig-Clk: Antenna relay, AC control head, radio capacitor, security indicator, chime module, instrument cluster (digital), radio, cigar lighter, glove box lite, engine compartment lite, footwell courtesy lites, power door locks, dome lights, trunk lites, vanity mirror lites. These circuits used an orange wire for power supply.

With luck the fuse has fatigued and just needs replacing.

RemoveBeforeFlight
Can I follow this orange wire back up the main fuse box? I think the orange wire maybe the problem. I don't have an orange wire going to power these lights. I don't see a radio capacitor at all. How do all these connect to the orange wire?

A picture of how the orange wire hooks up would really help out. And of the radio capacitor too since I don't even see one under my dash.

The radio capacitor is attached to the fuse block.

The orange wire runs throughout the car. I don't know if there is a diagram of just that feed. Need to look at the diagram of each piece that receives power from the orange wire. Look at the cigar lighter or footwell light sockets, they will have an orange wire going to it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

IMG_0426.JPG
The radio capacitor is attached to the fuse block.

The orange wire runs throughout the car. I don't know if there is a diagram of just that feed. Need to look at the diagram of each piece that receives power from the orange wire. Look at the cigar lighter or footwell light sockets, they will have an orange wire going to it.

RemoveBeforeFlight
Do you know what the following wire ends connect to? The first is a blue and tan wire with a black connector that isn't plugged in. The other is a connector with a single pink wire, this also is unconnected. Also I tested the interior light switch and there is not a "hot" wire in the connector. Is there suppose to be. Thanks for all your assistance.

IMG_0425.JPG

yes, the interior lights should have a constant hot- orange wire and a ground wire to complete the circuit. I want to say it's white.

The fuse was good. The orange wire hooked up to the cig lighter us not hot. Isn't this suppose to be hot? If so, what should I look at next? Not sure if this plugs into the fuse box or into another line which makes it hot.

View attachment 227819
Do you know what the following wire ends connect to? The first is a blue and tan wire with a black connector that isn't plugged in. The other is a connector with a single pink wire, this also is unconnected. Also I tested the interior light switch and there is not a "hot" wire in the connector. Is there suppose to be. Thanks for all your assistance.

View attachment 227818

whats that white block for is it for power distribution?

yes, the orange wire running to the lighter should be hot all the time. Does the dome light and radio clock lead have power all the time?

Check the underhood light. sounds strange but it's real easy to pinch that wire and there are a lot of accidental grounds there.

Thanks for the schematics! Nor sure if they will help though. I see lots of orange wires making accessories "hot", but I don't have deny orange wire under the dash. I do have a orange wire that connects to the connector in the cig lighter, but it's not "hot" all the time or even when the key is on??

Kind of good news. I found that the clk-cig space did not have a 20 amp fuse in it, so when I went to put one in, it blew the fuse? Does this fuse run the power locks and courtesy lights? If so, I'm guessing this is why they are not working. But how do I go about trying to find where the short is?