Interior dye/paint

6whistler

I have an 84 GN with good interior trim pieces that just need to be freshened up. Does anyone know where to get good interior paint, or who makes it. I've tried Gbody, they had nothing. Kirban only had black. (It's not a showcar, I just want to give it a diy facelift). Thanks guys, Tom

Go your local auto paint place and get them to match you a pint of SEM trim paint.

And this will penetrate the trim, and not just lay on top correct? I appreciate your response, I've been going nuts looking for quality paint (dye) whatever correct word is.

And this will penetrate the trim, and not just lay on top correct? I appreciate your response, I've been going nuts looking for quality paint (dye) whatever correct word is.

I don't know if penetrate is the right word but it is durable. Applying it to plastic is a simple matter of clean and spray. For Vinyl there is a prep called sand free that softens the vinyl and helps with the bonding of the dye.

This interior was redyed 3 years ago.

regal_20090406_006_315.jpg

regal_20090406_004_170.jpg

Ooh that looks nice. That's what I'm looking for. Good we're on the same page, I'm just looking for the right product that's durable and won't flake. Thanks a ton!!! Take care.

WH1, thank you also. Definitely loads of info. Bottom line is to make sure I do one heck of a clean job, and track down the correct color SEM trim paint and it sounds like I should be off to a good start. I have the vanilla colored trim pieces, I think I'll probably go the same color instead of going dark on everything. (Keep the 84 nostalgia). I do plan to go to a charcoal colored headliner, carpet, and lower door inserts to match the dash and seat leather. Thoughts are welcome on all of the above. Thanks again guys.