Interior/Dash Question

ravege

Is the metal "cage" where the HVAC controls and radio sit, removable from the dash? While the dash is still in the car?

I doubt it. It typically comes out from the back. It's held in with a total of 9 screws. 5 hold it to the face of the dash the other 4 screw in from the bottom. 2 holding it to the bottom of the dash the other 2 screwed into the cross brace that runs across the bottom of the dash. Not sure if you could finagle it out once all the screws are removed. I could post a picture of the dash from the back if it would help.

I doubt it. It typically comes out from the back. It's held in with a total of 9 screws. 5 hold it to the face of the dash the other 4 screw in from the bottom. 2 holding it to the bottom of the dash the other 2 screwed into the cross brace that runs across the bottom of the dash. Not sure if you could finagle it out once all the screws are removed. I could post a picture of the dash from the back if it would help.

Yeah, instead of finagling it, just pull the dash all the way out and disassemble it on the bench. It sounds like more work, but it won't be. It'll be faster and less damaging to pull it.

Thanks guys for the answers. Search isn't working for me, anyone happen to have a *working* link to a dash removal write up?