Interesting day....link inside, question about a part that came off my powermaster

8UWITH6

Keepin' The Shiny Side Up
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=668812&uid=498125

Hey guys, had an interesting day today. And for those of you in chat that put up with my frustrations, thank you.

First off I was heading to the Tech Center here at school to put my new rear shocks on the GN this afternoon. When hooking up my scanmaster I accidently grounded the ignition lead going to the fuse box somehow. After cussing and swearing, I hooked the scanmaster up properly and noticed that it wasnt working. So I pulled the power to the scanmaster out of the ignition lead and put it in a battery lead on the fuse box just because I was in a hurry. Drove about 3 blocks and went to hit the brakes. Hard pedal......look down, brake lights on......look up.....big truck stopped. You can imagine the reaction.....so I threw the poor thing into 1st gear at 35mph and jabbed on the ebrake.......about 1 more foot and I woulda been really upset. So, I limp the car back home cursing and swearing. Checked all the fuses that I thought would be related to the powermaster, and some other random ones too.......all were fine. Did the diagnostics on the powermaster and only found one of the wires did not have power. I also noticed later that my cooling fan was not working either.

30 mins later I go to get in the Ttype to the parts store. Turn the key, it cranks, but doesnt fire because I forgot I had the FP off. Flip the pump on and go to crank it again......nothing, not even a click! WTF!?!? Ignition comes on, lights, horn, signals, everything works, but it doesnt crank. So now Im really tweaked.

So my buddy comes over with a jack so I could get under the TType........ended up taking off the positive lead to the soleniod and the other small wires. It was kinda loose, but not actually loose if you know what I mean. Cleaned the wires off, and checked the fusable links, no problems. WTH....Im inside talking to another TR guy I know and my buddy Aaron tells me hes putting the wires back on, and if it doesnt crank, that he will beat on the soleniod.......sure whatever, at this point I dont care. 2 mins later I hear the car fire right up. Weird......so

Moving back to the GN, him and I go into the geerage and do some thinking. I had ended up checking EVERY FUSE and found the AC fuse (25amp) was blown......but the AC hasnt worked in over a year anyways and didnt have a charge. Then he and I got to thinking.....cooling fan comes on automatically when the AC is on right? Right.....so he said, lets plug a new fuse in there and see if the fan works. Okay, cool..........turn the key on, and we hear a framiliar whining noise. WTF!?!? The powermaster motor was on!?!? So I fire the car up, flip my fan on, it works. Hit my brakes, lights off, and I have pedal. He and I just stand there totally dumb-founded. Plug the scanmaster back into the same ignition lead on the fuse box and it turns on.

I CANT BELIEVE that the powermaster, the cooling fan, and the ignition leads on the fuse box are on the freaking AC FUSE!?! Needless to say Im relieved, and feel kinda stupid, but hey.....you learn something new everyday right? I was just wondering if this sounds correct........or if my car is maybe just butchered up wiring wise?????? Any input on this odd find would be helpful.

So, what I really want to know is what the hell I pulled off my Powermaster motor today......see the link above. The wiring harness/clip that goes to the Powermaster Motor plugs into the back of this little extender clip, then goes into the powermaster motor. As you can see, there is a fuse/breaker (similar to the Power Acc one on the fuse box) on the GROUND wire for the powermaster motor? I just took it off because my TType doesnt have one...........anybody know what this is??? Im stumped, but what else is new?:D Anyhow, just kinda venting and sharing my frustrating experience........2 VERY ODD problems in 1 day, hell, 1 hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks like a fused breaker. Not sure if its stock or not. BAsically once you remove power from it for 20-30 sec (i think) it will reset from a blown state to good again.

Yes, your correct about the silver fuse breaker thing. But why would my powermaster have this inline with the factory clip going to the powermaster motor? Any why would it be on the darn GROUND WIRE to the powermaster motor? I just took it off........didnt see the use in it.

Neil, you may want to call John Spina at Casper's and tell him to look here at your link and see what he thinks...He should be able to tell you what's going on...

Nobody knows what the stupid clip is?? I know its not the ONLY GN on the planet that possibly had one of these. I just want to know if there is any reason to have it on the powermaster.