Interesting 86 GN on Ebay

mystic664

Can somebody explain this car to me. Its a 86 Gn with 13K miles, but it has no front air dams, hood ornament, white in the impact strip, and whats with the hood(thats some turbo hood buldge). TTYL.:biggrin:

Vin has "GP" which I believe is correct for an '86 but of course that could be a VIN from anywhere...

The hood is kind of interesting but obviously not stock.
The front air dams might never have been replaced after the repaint?

Of course with only 13k on the clock a repaint seems a bit strange to me.

Not sure what's up with the T emblem or the '87 grill on the car. I wonder if it was repainted, different hood, different front clip, missing air dams...because of a front end accident?

To me, not worth the $$.

The grill is an '86 grill painted black. Could you get a digital dash in a GN? No "Intercooled" emblems on front quarters. IF it's 13,000 miles why would it need a new hood liner? Was it damaged by fire or an accident(as said above) at some point that neccesitated a new paint job, hood liner, front clip with hood ornament and painted '86 grill?

I really hate when people try to pass things off to an unsuspecting and unfortunately unfamiliar public. Some guy is going to feel like a real loser when he tries to tell his friends he just bought a sweet GN only to have them inform him that he got hosed! It would be entirely different if the seller was upfront about the cars history.

The grill is an '86 grill painted black...

Ah..now that you mention that I see the outline of "BUICK" in the top center :)

My old eyes missed that before.

One of the various members here who have unlimited carfax reports should run the VIN and see what pops up.

gray inserts on the front seats don't match the rear seat or door panels.. so I would say they have been done over .. why would 13k seats need that :confused: hood rocks !!:p Header panel emblem is OLD style ..early 80s ?? not even a "turbo" one..:rolleyes: $5k would make a nice beater :p

Looks like someone put some perfume on a pig. :biggrin: The car had 60,000 mikes in 1992, 93,000 in 1993, 100,000 in 1995 & then like magic 13,000 in 2008 with a red flagged car fax report. Good luck with the asking price. ;)

What you're looking at is an 86 GN that has obviously had the front end replaced (probably wrecked). That grill is NOT a painted 86 GN grill, but rather a painted 86 T-type grille, same with the header panel, and the hood is probably late 70's vintage. The bumper is probably from the same car the header and grill came from. Notice the rear bumpber is original (or so it seems).

Either way the car is terribly misrepresented.

Look at his EBAY ID "MoneyShark"

What a turd trying to get over on people like this. Someone should report this AHole to EBAY..... Pretty darn sad!

(Drop of your stuff, we sell it for you on ebay)

Did anyone notice this on the second picture? Probably isn't even his car in the first place.

without more information, I'd guess it's a real GN that was WHACKED in the front at some point and needed new front clip, hood, bumper. possibly had to repaint the front quarters (or maybe whole car) and didn't bother putting the "Intercooled" badges back on. In any case, buyer beware! :rolleyes:

How does someone report a possible 'scam' to EBAY?

Is it something we as the TR community want to do?

Or do we want the buyer to take on the responsibility for him/her self?

Cigarette burn on the back seat PS it looks like. Check out the radiator support. Looks like a repaint. Also the hood release cable looks to have been half painted over. The white part that snaps into the latch is a nice shiny black. Head rests don't match the front seats. I'm betting that it was in a minor front end collision. Maybe the driver spotted the front seats on impact, and that's why they recovered both. It may be a legitimate low mile car, but it wasn't put back together with "- ALL ORIGINAL PARTS." as the add says. The header panel emblem, the hood and the bumper strip prove that. Also, it says "This is a non smoking car ". I don't think that is true either.

...It may be a legitimate low mile car...

Not with a Carfax that reads...

The car had 60,000 mikes in 1992, 93,000 in 1993, 100,000 in 1995 & then like magic 13,000 in 2008 with a red flagged car fax report

:-(

Yeah I just worry that with BJ auctions jacking the prices sky high someone will see this and thing it is a great deal.

I want to tell EBAY about it but maybe the seller is an auto broker (as suggested) and doesn't know what he has?

Is it worth contacting him and saying..."Uh...look...it isn't what you are advertising it as.."

I sent a message thru e-bay asking about the 100,000 + mile carfax report & asked if the car would come with the original nose, hood & spoilers. :biggrin: Waiting on response. :wink:

EBAY: "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

Yeeeaahhhhh........ just one ? Wish we knew why and what error.

keep your eyes open for it to relist.

:)