Interest Level: 2011 Buick Event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway? Who would attend???

what month would you prefer to have the event

• October is a good month to have it

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • November is a better month to have it

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • September is the best month to have it?

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

VETKILR

Staff member
Hello All!

Ive been talking to Race Jace (RJC Racing) to put on a 2011 event in Las Vegas for the Buicks. It would probably be a 2 day event and run in conjunction with another event so to decrease costs. We are thinking an October or November date b/c its late enough in the year that it wont interfere with most events and the weather is still warm out and comfortable. Plus October is a jammed pack month with NHRA, SEMA, World Street Nats, etc.. So let me know who is interested in attending? May to August are wayyyyy tooo hot so those are out of the question. October probably would be the best b/c it wont put people who are in the mountain west or Canada with driving issues due to inclimate weather and snow. Let me know who is done for this!!!;)

very interested

i stumbled across the one a year or so back everyone looke to be having a goood time. i have yet to meet any other owners in the vegas area. work keeps my time limited.
you can count me in on he next one.

Tony, Have you considered early spring? As mentioned the fall months are busy and it would be best not to compete with the Phoenix event.

Good point Scotty, didnt even cross my mind! Ill factor that in as well! Thanks! Reply to my email lol!

I would be in almost 100% for sure. Didn't the event fall in conjuction with the Supra races in October? November is tough because of SEMA and SCSN. I attend both of those in November so to make 3 trips in one month might be a bit much. If you need any help, let me know. I'd be happy to help and I know a few of the supra boys.

Good points RedC5. Sure could use the help? I should redo the poll and say which month does everyone agree or would like to see the event being held? Everyone's thoughts?

Most likely, we will try and get the even in the spring to avoid conflict with WCN in Phoenix. Weather is nice, track will be good, good weather in the states. Later you go more issues with guys from upper NW and Montana and Canada who want to come down and play but dont want to have to run snow tires on turbo regals to drive to Vegas lol. We will figure it out date wise but ill be shooting for a spring date! Updates to follow!;)

Whenever is fine for me. the Phoenix event is in lieu of no race in Vegas. With the new bypass and the great track in Vegas I am sure Phoenix people would show up.

any date is fine with me

as long as it DOES NOT conflict with speedworld event,
there are enough calendar dates to support both events,
I would like to see more west coast events !!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear all the support everyone! Will be talking with Jason in the next week or so and get cracking on it!;)

Forget when it was back in 2002, but we had a 5 car caravan from NM to Vegas, one driving & 4 trailered, it was a great time, I'd love to take the GN to BG but that's 1200 miles away, Vegas is only 650;)

Sounds like the support and interest level is good. Ill be in touch with Race Jace about starting up the hype and promotion coming up this week or next week! Keep it posted for details!;)

Sounds like the support and interest level is good. Ill be in touch with Race Jace about starting up the hype and promotion coming up this week or next week! Keep it posted for details!;)

I am willing to help out, let me know if you need anything.