intercooler question

mo86gn

hoping for a little advice/input. I recieved a brand new front mount intercooler for next to nothing and am thinking of putting on car. I have a slightly bigger than stock turbo, 42.5 lb injectors, 3" downpipe with exhaust, 3000 stall and a few other bolt ons. Does anyone think the intercooler will be to much. It is an RJC. Any advice or input will be appreciated.

Do you plan on running an even bigger turbo than your, slightly bigger than stock, Turbo. ;)

It's a great FMIC, you'll notice a boost creep and higher level of psi the engine can tolerate before knocking. I had a CAS V2 with my TA49 and it was definitely worth upgrading to it. The downside was the $, time to install it, slightly higher coolant temps and a surge issue at low/moderate boost if held there. Better fans and a Tornado cured 2 of those issues so it wasn't a big deal in the end.

Do you have the stock intercooler? Try both and see which one you like better. I like the RJC but I would not put one on a car I didn't intend to race a lot.

yes i will eventually up the turbo size. i do have the stock intercooler. Racing is always going to happen.

You will need a better radiator as front mounts will make your car run about 10-20 hotter in the summer.

I agree I just upgraded from the stock intercooler to a front mount. In 80 to 90 degree weather car used to run 165 to 175 now it can get to 180 mainly durin lots of stop and go.. but I love it compared to the stock plus looks good too