intercooler question??

1quickfrc

now i see that the powerstroke intercooler is a popular mod done here.. but has anyone tried one off a cummins pickup? i would think they would work just as good or better ?

I think the cummins one is better BUT there are fit issues. The PSD intercooler is easy to acquire as a lot of those guys upgrade and PSD's seem to be in more wrecks then Dodges.

I think the appeal of the PSD is that is is CLOSE to a drop in.

now i see that the powerstroke intercooler is a popular mod done here.. but has anyone tried one off a cummins pickup? i would think they would work just as good or better ?

It can be done, anything can be done! Don't let the venders bully you into spending $1000 for something you can DIY for less then half that. That is unless your rich, if this is the case then you can buy me some parts too :D I have my PSIC with pipes im going to sell it soon but not yet.

To be honest if I were to do it all again, I would just buy 2 PSIC aluminum coolers, and make them into 1 IC. Just cut the tanks off and weld the 2 PSIC's together and make your own tanks! You could then point the tanks down instead of in and not even have to cut your GN!! You would just have to bolt the IC to the bummper supports (weld a bracket to the IC and then just bolt it down) I have a new china gbody IC so I'm going to run that, but if I didn't get such a deal on it sense it was ""COPIED"" I would make the 2 PSIC's into 1, it would be a cool project, and still would cost about half that of a vender's IC. If you do go ahead and try to make your own dual core PSIC I will kick down a box of 3" aluminum pipe to cut your costs and encourage hot rodding your own parts. Good luck reguardless, everyone starts somewere.

XxDarkSidexX

putting two intercoolers together isnt a bad idea. but what effect would it have on the cooling of the car with a thick i/c blocking the radiator? also cooler air is good but would it really be beneficial on a 400-500 rwhp car or just more of a cool project/conversational piece?