Intercooler kills motor fan blade

pjnutt

So, I finally got the GN on the road yesterday. Had to replace the steering box. Obviously I didn't tighten up the intercooler hoses good enough and they popped off under boost. After the intercooler let loose, it blasted all the blades off of the motor fan. Can I get that part still at a dealer? Does anyone run an aftermarket one I see when I google grand national fan blade?

Any input you guys have would be great. I would like to order one today so I can start having fun again in the GN.

Thanks!

intercooler fan

Make a post in the parts wanted section and you should have a replacement in no time. Some guys on this board always have stuff like that laying around..:biggrin:

I don't think you can get that gem at the dealer anymore. It's looong gone.
GBodyparts is a vendor that can hook you up. I think they might even have new. There are others who have them too.

Some people think that the intercooler fan is useless, and run without one.
I'm still looking for a with and without the fan test. :rolleyes:

Someone who may have upgraded to a front mount intercooler may have their stock IC fan layin' around.

good luck,
ElectraJim

I have one in good shape. Still has the gold anodizing and all bolts. Plastic is a little yellow but still looks halfway decent. Make me an offer if you want it.

Ya mine did the EXACT same thing... I have not bothered getting a new one... I will eventually just get the RJC pulleys and call it a day!