Integra gives me a try!

PsychoBuickBoy

The Money Pit
I don't know much about the ricers let alone Acuras but here it goes. I am tooling along and a nice looking Integra comes up beside me and revs. This car was not riced out at all and was very clean, nice rims, nice paint and sounded like it had a turbo (faint whine). I hate going from a roll right now because my tranny is on its last days. What the hell, right! I motion for him to go and he does, so I stomp on the pedal. I get a real nasty downshift and it takes a second to get into gear but it eventually does and my knock sensor is going crazy from all the racket. I pull away from the dude fairly easy and up ahead is a red light so I brake. He pulls along side of me and asks what I have in the car. I said a V6 and he asks if I want to run. Sure! Light turns green and I launch, my tranny is now slipping like something fierce. I get through 1st spinning, it tries to go into 2nd and I have to back off on the pedal a little to get it. Anyways, with all these problems I still throw the smack down on this dude BAD! Next light, he is saying I need to learn to shift, LOL! I said "No its an auto dude, my tranny is just wasted." He then tells me how he NEVER loses on the street and he is really impressed with my car. Nice guy but I don't know who the heck he is racing to NEVER lose ;) .

My poor tranny needs to be refreshened in a bad way. The wierd thing is some days it does well and some days it just plain sucks!

Originally posted by PsychoBuickBoy
He then tells me how he NEVER loses on the street and he is really impressed with my car.

Should have told him to race something other than ricers if he want's a real challenge. He should start with Suburbans and Explorers. Then move on to pick-ups, Tauruses, Grand Prixs, etc..., allthe way up to Mustangs, F-bodys, 'Vettes and if he beats all those, he's earned the right to challenge a Turbo Regal.

For some reason, Integra owners think that their car is fast. One of them,stock looking, tried to catch me and it was all over. Looked like thoses arcade games when the car is so far in the background that it gets really small and then disappears. What's max speed on those 85 mph or something?

LOL. Nice kill. Sad to say...I've been losing to my brother's Integra GS-R. Unlike other tegs I see on the Island...his is one of a kind. One that can back up its bark. He's running a B18C5 (Type-R motor which we swapped the B18C out for) and consistantly runs mid 13s on 17" rims :D now since we changed just the cams, springs, and rocker arms. He's running full exhaust setup...headers, hi-flow cat, 2.5" piping to a Dynomax turbo muffler. Also some electrical upgrades to almost everything. His car is pretty light since he changed the front end to the Japan Integra front fascia. Using fiberglass fenders and Carbon Fiber hood. No big Wing on this car...like me...Ricers, to him, make the performance car enthusiasts cringe. We're expecting faster times when he gets is drag tires on and more tuning with the vtec controller. On the top end, his car kicks arse. We had a friend who paced us in his Prelude SH. Governer on the SH is 152mph. When he hit his gov...we kept pulling away due to the ECU prom change. I guess my brother's car is one of the more respectable cars. He doesnt call people out on the street...Usually...He would look for someone to taunt him to race. Sorry if I may seem to brag on about my brothers car...but its something I helped work on...soo...you guys catch my drift.

Originally posted by GNICETRY
For some reason, Integra owners think that their car is fast. One of them,stock looking, tried to catch me and it was all over. Looked like thoses arcade games when the car is so far in the background that it gets really small and then disappears. What's max speed on those 85 mph or something?

LOL...:D
Ya, i usually don't even give ricers the time of day, but on a few occasions ive played catch-up, par-trottling it to make sure i don't blow the little sh(it mobile off the road.

Shoebox

This Teg was far from a 13 second car. It wasn't even funny how bad I left him, and with a botched tranny at that! When my poor GN tried to hit second it stayed in nuetral for a second and I backed off the gas and saw like 39 degrees of retard. The alky was then drowning my poor car and scanmaster was showing like O2's in the 900 range. All this and the poor guy still got smoked. :)

Nice kill, I was just adding that there are actually some fast imports in AZ. I have know of 2, one was an integra, and the other was a civic. The Civic I saw on the freeway, he roles past my friends Mudstain and gives a rev. Then I see on his back window it says " Gone Corvette, Viper, and Supra hunting back in 11.3 at 122 mph" My friend tried messing with him and the car just took off. I heard the turbo and it had a NOS sticker. The other was an integra that made my friends low 13sec Ram Air T/A look like a Yugo :D . Not saying you can't beat them but, some quick ones are out there.

Yep, I have seen a few imports down at the track that were quick. They are out there, I just haven't ran into any yet.

I've run a few that claim to be the fastest car in town. When they ask me what my car runs I tell them high 15s. That really makes their day.