intake manifold bolts

yes torque
and in sequence

install all bolts then snug them up , bring the center bolt on each side and to 25lb/ft

follow the sequence from center and bring all to 25lb/ft then go back and in sequence all to 35lb/ft

http://www.turbobuicks.com/resources/TurboBuicks.com_Torque_Spec.pdf

install pan gasket and check the fit o manifold to head and make sure its even top bottom and that the bolt holes seem to line up
also
if you're just pulling and resinstalling the same intake and nothing else changed there usually no need to check
fit but its alwayts good to check because it could have been wrong all along
the pan gasket kit comes with rubber rail seals but dont just assume they will fit, check the block rail to manifold to be sure theres room for them , if not enough use rtv only (the rightstuff) , if using the rubberseals put a pea size bead of rtv in the 4 corners before wedging the the seals in place , i dont use any sealer on the rail but after the rubbers are on just before setting the manifold for the last time i put and a small bead at the heads from the pan gasket to the rubber ends

Uh-Oh!................I've never used a toque wrench on a Buick intake bolt. I better call everyone up.

Actually I have been torquing bolts my whole life and can feel the right torque. I probably torque more bolts in a day than most guys do in a lifetime. Aircraft have LOTS of bolts holding them together. At one point we were building a 747 every 4 days. I torqued a couple of bolts every day......errr ....hour.........no wait second. One job I had I would torque 974 in three hours. Now you know why my shoulders, wrists and back are Jello. Some of the bolts require torque multipliers. Landing gear bolts are pretty big and REAL exspensive, and you thought ARP's were exspensive............you can buy a real nice set if CNC ported heads for the cost of one of those bolts. Try buying an engine mount bolt sometime. They're made out of Unobtainium;) and have to be specially packaged in a sleeve and in a foam box. Any tiny nick is cause for rejection.

The only bolts that I use a torque wrench on are main, rod, and head bolts. All other bolts are torqued to German torque...........Gute-n-tite.:biggrin: