Intake loosing its top

RUDE DOG

Rudeawakening
Whats up everyone. Today I decided to gut my intake. So far this is what I ended up with. Had to stop because I ran out of juice(hate batt power tools) and its damn cold as hell out there,HERES some pics so far of my intake loosing its top.

HERES THE PIX.Will finish gutting tomarrow and post new pics in the evening.

intake015.jpg
[/IMG]
intake014.jpg
[/IMG]
intake013.jpg
[/IMG]
intake012.jpg
[/IMG]

Curious - What is your intent?

I did the opposite years ago... cut out the bottom... hollowed out interior... ported and added material to ports to get to Felpro 1200 intake size... welded in plate to bottom.

Following this with interest.

Heres where im at so far with this thing.I plan on gutting this thing out all the way to the intake walls as well as smoothing out the whole inside.Gonna be time consuming, but if you really want to get things done it takes a lot of elbow grease.
This is what was cut out so far.
intake2001.jpg
[/IMG]

intake2002.jpg
[/IMG]
All of this will be cut to the end of intake runners #5 & #6
intake2006.jpg

intake2005.jpg
[/IMG]

If I remember right gutting the intake this way will help top end but make it a dog on the bottom. You may need to cut the bottom off and reduce the volume some.

Lotsa work... Has anyone ever tried using the IC intake in a HA setup? Flip the doghouse 180 (make an adapter, or RJC has one), reclock the compressor and adapt it to the doghouse with some creative fab work. It just wouldn't look stock...

Was thinking something similar and trying to see if filling it with some type of epoxy or metal.(alluminum) for now im thinkin of takin it to work and putting on the mill.Ive had different ideas like buildin different inner walls similar to the ones it had but that ram all the incoming charge of air straight to the upper runner area, without all the restrictions of the oe style walls.

Was thinking something similar and trying to see if filling it with some type of epoxy or metal.(alluminum) for now im thinkin of takin it to work and putting on the mill.Ive had different ideas like buildin different inner walls similar to the ones it had but that ram all the incoming charge of air straight to the upper runner area, without all the restrictions of the oe style walls.

I'd honestly say cut the bottom off so you can get better access to everything. Then raise the floor and add a single divider in the middle. That would reduce the volume and increase the flow quite a bit. Also add some material below the ports so you can smooth the entrance to them for better flow. yes, I've thought about it quite a bit.:biggrin:

I'd honestly say cut the bottom off so you can get better access to everything. Then raise the floor and add a single divider in the middle. That would reduce the volume and increase the flow quite a bit. Also add some material below the ports so you can smooth the entrance to them for better flow. yes, I've thought about it quite a bit.:biggrin:

Thanks for the insight.Gonna have to cut the bottom.I have access to plenty of alluminum and a good welder.
THANKS!