Intake cross sectional width

Drac0nic

It ain't easy livin free
Just doing some bench racing, was wondering if anyone had a loose intake so I could have the runner widthXheight to play with some. Length would be a nice addition as well.

I can post the dimensions later, BUT.......It will really not do much good. The cross sectional area of each port is different. They neck down and narrow up/out, twist and turn and do the hokie-pokie. There is nothing consistant in any of the ports, other than they are all different. It is a real shame that even with a clean sheet of paper design of the 86-87 manifold, they didn't even come close to a manifold that was decent. Very poor design. It works, but not good. I've seen one cut into little pieces to actually measure the cross sectional area about ten years ago. Not pretty. It looks better than it actually is.

It is a real shame that even with a clean sheet of paper design of the 86-87 manifold, they didn't even come close to a manifold that was decent. Very poor design. It works, but not good. I've seen one cut into little pieces to actually measure the cross sectional area about ten years ago. Not pretty. It looks better than it actually is.

I disagree. This manifold has been low 10's untouched. Ive seen several make over 500whp with untouched manifolds. I cant think of anything that wsa produced within 20 years of the last TR that can run that quick on an untouched stock intake manifold.

Just wanting a rough idea is all. I suspect it will amount to around 1.6 Sq. In. if I had to guess as an average. Intake design is a tough thing indeed though.

Engine Tech

Go to the top of Engine Tec. page Tittle GN-1-RS Ported & Unported stock heads.Good reading