Insurance

RossGN

Have been working with my State Farm to obtain coverage for my GNX. The car will not be a daily driver, but it will be driven. I don't like the 2000 mile a year limit placed on their collector car policy. At this point, if I place insure it in my standard policy, they cannot tell me (at this point) if they would cover the actual GNX replacement value or if it would only pay as if a standard Grand National. Any suggestions?

You need 'Agreed Value' coverage. That way you get paid out at the amount you set.

Unfortunately, State Farm won't do that on the unlimited mileage coverage. Guess I'll check with other companies tomorrow. Prefer all my cars be on same policy.

An Agreed Value policy is the only way to guarantee what an Insurance Company will pay out in the event of a loss. I can understand wanting to keep all cars on the same policy but you have a GNX. I would think it would be well worth the effort to get Agreed Value coverage for it through one of the many companies that offer it.

Leland-West has 6000 mile per year with agreed value. That's workable. State Farm's 2k limit is too restricting. For example, a trip to Cruising the Coast would use up nearly 3/4 of my annual miles.

I just put my GNX on with Grundy , no problem .626gn is correct , no mileage restrictions , very competitive , cheaper than Hagerty and American Collectors. Altough I don't care about having a low mile cap . I most likely only put on 250-300 miles a year with it .

Your better off RossGN, SF is not nearly the company they used to be. I deal with insurers everyday and have seen SF put junkyard and aftermarket parts on current year model vehicles in turn voiding new car warranties. I can only imagine how they would settle a claim on a collector car. Look to the companies that specialize in the collector market.

Just had a policy written with American Modern, AMIG. With pictures of the car they wrote a policy of agreed value 18K. I know that's not GNX numbers, but gave me 3K a year for mileage at $290 a year. HTH

Thanks guys....I currently have with SF with 2k max per year, but plan to change carriers. I'll check with American Modern.

After getting several quotes, ended up going with Grundy for $333 per year - $52k agreed value - unlimited mileage. That pricing was part of the MVP package included bringing over my GXP and pickup, as well. All in all, saving a few hundred over what I would have been paying State Farm and getting unlimited mileage on the GNX as opposed to State Farm's 2k limit. Doubt that I'll be racking up the miles on the GNX, but nice to know there is no limit to worry about. With State Farm, I only had 500 miles left after the 1500 mile trip home. Also have agreed value on the GXP which is nice.

I hear good things about grundy but i've stuck with Hagerty on my cars. The turbo cars are cheaper at Grundy , but the old Dodge is more expensive. It is a wash price wize for me. Hagerty is extreemely easy to deal with should you need to make a claim.
KID