Insurance

redhotrod

Turbo Happy
How are you guys insuring your cars? I definitely want full coverage, finally got my car almost completely restored.
What kind of rates are you paying and how much is everyones car valued at? I found this at NADA

upload_2014-5-8_10-58-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-5-8_10-54-39.png
    upload_2014-5-8_10-54-39.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 124
Check with Grundy Insurance out of Pennsylvania.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have American Collectors, agreed value $25K for $185 a year. Garaged kept and less than 2500 miles per year.

I just insured mine this morning with Hagerty and may be paying too much?? It was insured at $10K with collision and $100K/$300K liability storing it in my garage and only driving 5000 miles a year for $235/year. They wanted alot of info also including my existing policy on my regular cars??

Rates will no doubt be different depending on kind of coverage and location. Agreed Value is preferred over Stated Value.

I have Grundy $17k Agreed Value at just under $300/yr with no mileage limitations.

I'm at $175 a year, $23k agreed value, 6000 miles a year, and it must be garage kept (which it is).

Usually a NO minor driver allowed and proof that every household driver has a DD.

I just insured mine this morning with Hagerty and may be paying too much?? It was insured at $10K with collision and $100K/$300K liability storing it in my garage and only driving 5000 miles a year for $235/year. They wanted alot of info also including my existing policy on my regular cars??

Did Hagerty send someone out to take pics and inspect the car? I had this done with American Collectors but it is agreed value not sure if they do this on stated value?

Hagerty are now taking a different approach. They are keeping a database of all cars and will accept your own valuation if it falls withing limits. Rates are charged accordingly. You can factor in the appraisal costs when comparing rates

Hagerty are now taking a different approach. They are keeping a database of all cars and will accept your own valuation if it falls withing limits. Rates are charged accordingly. You can factor in the appraisal costs when comparing rates

Sounds kind of risky to me if they haven't actually seen the car. The vin can tell you some things but I have seen low mileage cars not as nice as mine. MY car is over 200K on mileage granted a lot of stuff has been redone over the years.

Also I just thought of this I have been with AC for over ten years and the only time they looked at my car was when I first insured it. So a lot can happen to a car in that amount of time good and bad.

I guess I lied....... I thought I had insured my 85 with Hagerty but later that day I got a call from them and I guess I'm not their type of client. They told me because I was gonna drive it more for pleasure and to work every now and again that they wouldnt b able to cover my "collectable" . So I went to Condon Skelley and I'm still waiting, I need to send them some paper work so they can review me. I'll let u guys know what happens

I guess I lied....... I thought I had insured my 85 with Hagerty but later that day I got a call from them and I guess I'm not their type of client. They told me because I was gonna drive it more for pleasure and to work every now and again that they wouldnt b able to cover my "collectable" . So I went to Condon Skelley and I'm still waiting, I need to send them some paper work so they can review me. I'll let u guys know what happens

Wow. Compare with American Collectors if you want? https://quote.americancollectors.co...ucer=1422092&gclid=CKGd1tWorr4CFWVp7AodeiMAYw

Just curious, for those of you who have many mods, how does the insurance co’s view that?

Just curious, for those of you who have many mods, how does the insurance co’s view that?

When I insured mine I had all of the usual mods and lot's of chrome, the guy never said anything bad just took a lot of pics in detail. I'd say he took 20-30 pics inside and out.