insurance for tr

i have hagerty ins they are great as long as your car is not a daily driver and is garaged they come out and asses the value of you car and agree on an amount its worth....[/url] check it out

They actually came out and assessed your vehicle's value??? :confused: They never even came to my door....they just asked me over the phone to submit pics via email and how much I wanted to insure it for. Are they supposed to drive to the location of the vehicle and assess it?

They never came and checked out any of my cars either, but I think they do that if you try and have your car insured for more than what they have the max value as in ther system.

Just got my renewal from Grundy, guess they were running behind on renewals as I called them to say I never got one. Mine was due to expire on 6/6. Girl told me they were sent out late and they are giving me an extra 30 days to pay. Not taking chances though will pay up before policy expires, never know what they might say if something happens.:eek: AND they bumped up my coverage to 27.5K. Policy went up $18.

Garage

They never asked me if I had a garage and if the car was being stored in a garage. I am not sure what the official policy is, however like I said, they never asked and I surley never told.

$20k coverage, $240/year.

Insurance companies payout per the market value of the vehicle. So thanks to the people who sell their Buick below true value. :mad:

I use American collectors. $360/yr for $21k

Hagerty wanted like $800 last I checked. Said it was because the car was still too new, plus they had a surcharge for being under 30 years old

this thread makes me surprised people want to insure cars as collector cars and store them outside ... by definition it would seem that collector cars would be stored indoors. I had an 86 Regal Limed that I drove as a DD that was stolen in 2000 and I live in a low (near zero) theft) area. Insuring "collector cars" then storing them outside just raises rates for the rest of us who properly store collector cars.

Best to call the claims supervisors and speak with them, ask a lot of questions....oem parts, like parts, agreed value, stated value, unattended vehicle, commuting, mileage restrictions etc

thanks to all for opinions

I thank all of you who chimed in I see there is really only 3 to choose a good one for what I need grundy, hagerty, classic. But unfortunatly I am one of those people that own a TR and I have to store outside at my house I do own a shop in which it spends most of its time when I dont have the space or want to have it to drive without the trip to shop it is outside but in driveway with 8ft privacy fence, alarm w/kill, coulum lock, cover, carport and a 110lb pit bull that dont like strangers.

Grundy??

Ok this question is for the guys w/ Grundy Insurance, lots of positive things about them, I am currently applying w/ them..pending my driving record (accident back in 2008 in a parking lot)

They state the car can not be used to drive to school/work or secondary transportation, and only for "Hobby" driving or to go to shows.

Question, If I'm driving this car to our cottage for the weekend, is that considered "hobby" driving or secondary transportation?

I would assume a guy could BS the whole Hobby driving, but I have too much to lose to have a claim denied because I was driving it to the hardware store, or somwhere for the weekend..

just curious???

THANK YOU!

They never asked me if I had a garage and if the car was being stored in a garage. I am not sure what the official policy is, however like I said, they never asked and I surley never told.

I'm pretty sure that if you have a claim you will find out exactly what the "official policy is" regarding being garage kept. If it says in your policy dec page that it must be stored in a locked garage the company is NOT liable for any loss that occurs if you are not in compliance with policy restrictions. I would go ahead and ask the question now. It may even mean changing policies or even companies but like I said, you'll find out eventually anyway and it may not be the way you want to.:(

Ok this question is for the guys w/ Grundy Insurance, lots of positive things about them, I am currently applying w/ them..pending my driving record (accident back in 2008 in a parking lot)

They state the car can not be used to drive to school/work or secondary transportation, and only for "Hobby" driving or to go to shows.

Question, If I'm driving this car to our cottage for the weekend, is that considered "hobby" driving or secondary transportation?

I would assume a guy could BS the whole Hobby driving, but I have too much to lose to have a claim denied because I was driving it to the hardware store, or somwhere for the weekend..

just curious???

THANK YOU!

I sell for Grundy and am a customer.

According to my policy's "Auto Usage Endorsement":
A) It is agreed and understood that the definition of "Your covered auto" is deleted and replaced by the following:

"Your Covered auto" means:
1. Any "collector vehicle" shown in the Declarations.
2. Any "newly acquired auto" that meets the definition of a "collector vehicle"

B) It is agreed and understood that the following definition is added to the policy:

"Collector vehicle" means a private passenger auto or motorcycle that:
1) Is maintained solely for the use in exhibitions, parades, club activities, or other function of public interest.
2) Is not used for regular driving to work, school, errands, shopping, general transportation, secondary or back-up transportation, business or commercial purposes, except for limited pleasure use.

The key words here are "regular" and "limited".
If you don't go to the hardware regularly and if your trips to the cottage are limited (i.e. not driving there every day), you will fall within the definition of "limited pleasure use".

If you have any specific questions about what you can and cannot do, call the office and ask. As with anything of this nature, I would jot down the time and the date of the call, with whom you spoke, the questions asked and the answers you were given. Keep those notes with your policy when you get it in the mail. I don't believe you will be disappointed.:cool:

hesermon, thank you very miuch for the information, VERY helpful!

Refer to going with grundy thread and see how the classic car ROOKIES HANDLE A TOTAL LOST CLAIM :mad: