Instant Center Relocation Brackets

bdeliman

Does anyone make bolt on brackets for the rear point of the lower control arms for relocating the instant center? Has anyone fabricated their own ?

I have a set that I didn't use...make me an offer...I ended up using the relocation brackets that came with my METCO billet lower control arms...here's a pic of what they look like...you can mount them with bolts only by drilling an extra hole but it's better to bolt the bracket using the existing top hole then weld the the bottom of the bracket in place...

Attachments

• relocbracket.jpg
    relocbracket.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 318
If he doesn't want them... I might if the price is right....

I was looking to make my own..... but might defer that....

The brackets were $80...I'm willing to sell them for $50 shipped...here's a pic of them installed...

Attachments

• G-BodyCABinstalled.jpg
    G-BodyCABinstalled.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 311
I'll take them if he doesn't want them..... I assume they will fit stock LCA's?

You take paypal?

How much drop.... 2" and 3" or different?

The relocation brackets...what's the purpose? To allow the tires more bite? Doesn't hurt the u-joint, does it? Sorry, trying to figure out the purpose.

The purpose of the brackets is to change the instant center..moving it more towards the back of the car...end result is better traction and 60 fts providing everything else is set up correctly...as long as you keep the pinion angle the same it won't affect the u-joints...but these brackets can be used to modify the pinion angle also...I use them because my car was lowered which changed the instant center...moved it more towards the front of the car...when my car was sitting level the LCA's were parallel with the ground so by installing the brackets which relocated the lower CA mounting point it basically put the instant center back where it should be...now with my car sitting level the LCA's angle upwards from from back to front like they should be...

UMI makes those brackets. $80 new. Good if your LCAs are parallel with the ground or the fronts are lower than the rears.

VADER said:
UMI makes those brackets. $80 new. Good if your LCAs are parallel with the ground or the fronts are lower than the rears.

Actually $59.95 New :)

Thank you for posting it!

Ryan

Rear Relo brackets

Lotsa people sell these. Most of the ones I've seen are weld-in. Global West, Spohn, SC&C, etc. I will eventually get them for my TTA.

For my GN, I guess I will go w the adjustable rear uppers to allow me to adjust the pinion angle. I'm thoroughly fed up w sh*tty 60 Fts.