Installing wire for extender chip

BJM

Just got my Extender and want to install it, the instructions refer to a Figure 1 but I didn't get one in my instructions. The Full Throttle website says the same thing, but no Figure 1. Lots of people must have installed this thing by now. Anyone have a Figure 1 they can share?

BJM,

Did you figure this out. I just got my Extender and have the same problem. I was going to post but did a search and found your thread.

Hm, I didn't get the time to make a Figure one......

The service manual has plenty of pictures. I hooked my wire to the gray/red (I think) wire under the dash that feeds the PRNDL light. It's a dash light feed.

This way, to adjust the second bank of parameters (8-11) I turn on the partking lights.....

Bob

Actually I did figure this one out quite a while ago. Same as TurboBob, use the grey 12 Volt feed wire going into the console. Mine was not grey/red, just grey.

Guys,

Thanks for the reply but this is the part that has me confused.

"Remove locking comb from the top side of the large connecter and insert the small terminal wire into cavity D11"

Is this part of the ECM connectors?

Originally posted by Chuck
Guys,

Thanks for the reply but this is the part that has me confused.

"Remove locking comb from the top side of the large connecter and insert the small terminal wire into cavity D11"

Is this part of the ECM connectors?

Yes, it's part of the "D" ECM connector. The "D" connector goes from D1-D16, so if you count back from D16, you'll find that D11 and D13 are blank. Therefore, make absolutely sure to insert the terminal wire into D11 and not D13. Don't ask me how I know.:rolleyes: :D

Keith

Originally posted by TurboBob
Hm, I didn't get the time to make a Figure one......

The service manual has plenty of pictures. I hooked my wire to the gray/red (I think) wire under the dash that feeds the PRNDL light. It's a dash light feed.

This way, to adjust the second bank of parameters (8-11) I turn on the partking lights.....

Bob
Wow..Kinda lost me there..I dont remember why I would have had a wire to hook up to another wire like the gray wire in console..Also confused me on the second bank of parameters & turning on the parling lights..maybe I dont have mine hooked up right or something..
Brian

The extra wire enables some of the adjustable features of the Rev F extender chip.

JL chips don't have stuff like that.

It's not part of the translator installation.

Bob

Sorry bob...I have your chip now not JL's..But I think mine is the E chip..what does the F chip do that mine doesnt & can mine be upgraded? I have the T+ & extender chip for 50lbs..like I said Im pretty sure its the E chip also

I put my wire in the wrong pin location on the ECM connector as well. If you look really carefully I think each hole is labeled.

Guys,

Thanks for clearing that up. I just wanted to make sure I was right before plugging wires into anything. This chip does so much its kind of overwhelming. I guess the best thing to do is make one change at a time.

One last question and I should be set. The WOT TCC/parameter 13 states lockup can be programmed from 50-105mph in 4mph increments; so what would I set iit if I wanted it to lock at 75?

I believe it's: [ (desired speed)-45 ] / 4

and it must be a whole number so it would have to be 73 or 77. Actually, you can't achieve 50 either...it's 49 ;)

Mike [:)

Bob sent you a few e-mails because your PM box is full. Please get back with me on shipping address. Thanks
Dan

Sorry

Address is
4719 Greenview Ct.
Commerce Twp, MI 48382

Bob

WOT TCC is 45mph + (Parameter13 x 4) zero turns off WOT TCC.

I don't think you need that wire if you keep popping the Calpak in and out.

At least that's how I programmed mine the first time. :)

True, pulling the calpak still works for selecting the second row....

Bob