Installing RJC boost controller?

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
I'm finally ready to put this on and have no idea how, lost the paper that came with it:mad: Could someone help a brother out? I dont want to hook it up backwards or something. ThanX.

Wastegate to the small 90 deg end of the rjc piece, straight barbed end of the controller to the comp housing. Totally eliminates the factory boost solenoid and "y" connections. Use a clamp on the hose where it slips over the barb on the comp housing instead of a zip tie. If you want to adjust it its much easier to pop the clamp off instead of cutting off the zip tie IMO.

ThanX guys. I got that hooked up:) I got a BIGGER problem now. I just installed my cpt61 turbo,South East turbo's SS oil feed line,RJC boost controller. I got it all done and fired up and about a .5 quart of oil came out of the open dump:confused: The line from SEturbo didnt say wich way to hook it up(there was what looked like little arrows pointing the direction) but I guess not.I do have a little oil leak coming from the drain tube(I double checked them) there tight.(maybe gasket shifted). Why would oil blow out of the dump??? PLEASE HELP. ThanX.

Some turbo's require a restriction on the feed side. If you lost oil out the dump, there is a major issue. Oil is getting by the seals in the cartridge. This may because oil pressure is overcoming the ability for a seal.

Is this a ball bearing turbo?

Some turbo's require a restriction on the feed side. If you lost oil out the dump, there is a major issue. Oil is getting by the seals in the cartridge. This may because oil pressure is overcoming the ability for a seal.

Is this a ball bearing turbo?

Yes, BB turbo. Is it poss the oil feed line is backwards letting no oil to the turbo?

Yes, BB turbo. Is it poss the oil feed line is backwards letting no oil to the turbo?

I think too much oil to the turbo. If there was no oil to the turbo, then I suspect no oil would come out of the DP.

Is this a water cooled version?

I think too much oil to the turbo. If there was no oil to the turbo, then I suspect no oil would come out of the DP.

Is this a water cooled version?

no, Jack said I dont have to cool it. Its brand new, just bought it friday got it yesterday. Im going to take it off now, and check the drain line. Prolly bad seals huh?Prolly dumbest question ever, I have never bought a NEW turbo before, do they come with packing oil in em?

Daily Drifter, I know you werent being a dick,I did search before I posted,I couldnt find nothing that explained what to do with the solinoid hose after removing the y. What do you mean by restriction?

Forcefed, ThanX for that converter, I really think thats what got me to the 11's.

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that there is a restriction for the oil entering the turbo, Maybe a -4an line needed a restiction???? Not sure, give Cotton a call, I'm sure he'll help you out. I would doubt a new turbo would take a dump like that. Is you drain line clean? The only thing I could see happening is the center section is filling up with pressurized oil and pushing threw the seals, This is just a guess though. Definatly call Jack

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that there is a restriction for the oil entering the turbo, Maybe a -4an line needed a restiction???? Not sure, give Cotton a call, I'm sure he'll help you out. I would doubt a new turbo would take a dump like that. Is you drain line clean? The only thing I could see happening is the center section is filling up with pressurized oil and pushing threw the seals, This is just a guess though. Definatly call Jack

I found it! I feel like the biggest JACKASS ever! You were right I left the cap on the turbo(drain line) and somehow tightened the tube to the turbo with it still there.(I shoulda known something was wrong when I had to fight with it the bolts to get them started).It filled up and had to go somewhere, explains why my drain line was leaking too(Im SO pissed):mad: . I seen it there yesterday and was going to take that plug out today before I installed it. Are my seals in the turbo shot now?? ThanX.