Installing new TR6 module question

Matt McClung

Hotair guy who owns a I/C
Very nice setup. I have a quick question though. There are two longer wires coming off the TR6 harness. I know that the orange wire is for the two step trigger, but what is the longer black wire for? It does not say in the directions.
I'm sure some others know.

Thanks
Matt

Installed mine a few years ago, but I think mine had black, grey, and orange wires coming out separately. Black was ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I now have gotten the engine to start, but it feels like the wires are in the wrong order. It definitely has a misfire with the new TR6. I installed the wires according to the numbers on the coil pack. I double checked all of them and all is good. Has anyone had to ignore the numbers on the coil pack and use different routings? The coil is an AC delco from a 2008-2012 Silverado 4.3.

Thanks
Matt

Do you have the tr6 grounded correctly?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Triple check your cam sensor it has to be dead on . Every issue I've had came down to the cam sensor not being dead on .

What Dank said above... it seems the stock ignition module is very lenient on camshaft sensor position.... You will find out very quickly how far off your camshaft position sensor was when you install your TR-6. Just go to gnttype.org or Vortex Buick and reset your camshaft position sensor. If you haven't done it already, it is good to do it anyway.

aaron

How did you set the cam sensor? If you have a Caspers cap, replace it with the stock cap and use the TR6 to set it.