installing new autometer gauges

jwheelz1212

hello, i just got a set of auto meter gauges, full mechanical oil pressure and electrical coolant temp. i just need to know where the best place is to tap into to install them. any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks guys

I am doing the same thing. I placed my sending unit for the Temperature gauge to the left of the thermostat.. there is one to the right also... little more challenging to get to. I believe if you use the one on the left you will lose your idiot light on the dash... Mine was already gone so i just replaced the sender.

Oil pressure will be just behind the oil filter to the left... your should see a line coming off... you will need a couple fittings an adapters...

there is a thread that is out there that might have another location for the Temperature but I could not find it.... i look harder :p

I would drain a bit of your coolant when doing the Temperature.... I made a TAD BIT of a mess... Not fast enough with the switch :)

Now for the oil I am not sure about the oil.... that is a little more accessible... so we might be able to install with minimal mess... have yet done my oil... My kids hockey Schedule has me at the rinks every night....lol

OIL
http://vortexbuicks-etc.com/oil_pressure_senderoil_pressure.htm