Installing motor and trans together

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
What is the best/easiest way of installing the motor and trans together? I've always installed the motor seperate.

What is the best/easiest way of installing the motor and trans together? I've always installed the motor seperate.

Don,

A plenum strap works very well when installing motor and trans together. Seems to have the perfect amount of counter balance. If you need to barrow, I have one.

HTH

Don, I installed my motor and tranny together. It was a nightmare. In my opinion you will save yourself a lot of headaches by installing them seperately. Just my 2 cents.

I did it together, real easy. The key is to have a long enough boom and a load leveler.

I pullled mine with leveler and big hoist was a breze will put in same way

I like doing them together over just the motor. Goes right in.

You need a leveler or lazy susan..

A yoke for the trans.

Just do the converter bolts with it in the car..

done mine both ways,and is easier as a whole IMO. i always use the stock brkts and then remove them after its in.

yep, prop that hood up straight, jack under k member and make sure you have added at least 5 inchs to the hoist...otherwise your partner will have to give it quite the swing inward and the hoist might scratch the bumper...i highly recommend you put your pillow between the hoist and bumper.
also don't forget the second jack neede to prop the tranny tail up.
yoke is a must.

ever since i did the first one as a pair over 15 years ago i have always done it that way -------remove and install even if i only need to remove the engine--------i do the entire assembled engine with all assesories minus the starter and crossover pipe--------lift the entire assembly with chains attached to two exhaust studs--------middle one on driver side and back one on pass side makes for perfect balance------about a 10 degree drop in back.............much easier

ever since i did the first one as a pair over 15 years ago i have always done it that way -------remove and install even if i only need to remove the engine--------i do the entire assembled engine with all assesories minus the starter and crossover pipe--------lift the entire assembly with chains attached to two exhaust studs--------middle one on driver side and back one on pass side makes for perfect balance------about a 10 degree drop in back.............much easier

WOW,those little studs are that strong! I thought about that but always opt for a grade 8 bolt usuallu in the head/intake.

My hood comes off when I pull anything..

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 150
I pulled mine as a whole but it would not come out with out removing the passenger side header. I has a set from Arizona GN