Installing FAST TPS on Accufab 90mm TB

KWIKR 1

I had to roll the TPS towards rear of engine in order to line up bolt holes on Accufab Ford 90mm TB and FAST TPS . this ended putting tension/or moving the TPS adjustment postion . is this ok ? Thanks .

You will have to check it with a multimeter for the voltage out if it is anything like the Buick TPS setup. There has to be a certain voltage at idle, and at WOT, or you will have high/low idle and high/low % WOT. Are we talking the same thing here?

ya.. basically the same thing . :) Im just wondering if the FAST XFI will still read the throttle blade as being in the closed postion as it sits ? Im really green when it comes to this FAST XFI stuff . :)

I had to roll the TPS towards rear of engine in order to line up bolt holes on Accufab Ford 90mm TB and FAST TPS . this ended putting tension/or moving the TPS adjustment postion . is this ok ? Thanks .

What does the hole pattern look like ? I had one that wouldn't line up and got another. The correct sensor has slotted holes about 180 apart. The other is not like that. I think Fast either bought and reparkaged the wrong sensors or changed the design. Post a picture and I can tell you if was like mine.
Allan G.

You will have to check it with a multimeter for the voltage out if it is anything like the Buick TPS setup. There has to be a certain voltage at idle, and at WOT, or you will have high/low idle and high/low % WOT. Are we talking the same thing here?

That is incorrect. The XFI doesn't care what your voltage values are as long as they change as you roll through the travel. It can even go from high voltage at idle to low voltage at WOT. Obviously, the more it changes, the better the resolution. You don't want a one volt swing. You don't need a multimeter either, just read raw TPS voltage on the XFI

The voltage output on this sensor is the same as a Buick (0-5volt). With the Ford sensor you will end up around 1 volt at idle but it doesn't matter just recalibrate TPS. The Sensor is spring loaded and will require a slight twist (i.e. more spring tension) to get the bolts to line up.

Gota love the 2.010 for having that feature.......

The autocalibrate in 2.0 definitely makes this easy. The reverse polarity feature was added just for Buicks, since the stock sensor is pinned backwards compared to all of the other GM stuff. In the old days, you had to re-pin the TPS sensor plug on a stand alone harness to make it work

That is incorrect. The XFI doesn't care what your voltage values are as long as they change as you roll through the travel. It can even go from high voltage at idle to low voltage at WOT.

Cool, that is why I said "if it's anything like stock", which it most certainly is not. I have no experience with FAST but was just thinking out loud. Gotta stop that. ;)

Hope to get more experienced with FAST later this year, will probably be hitting you up.