installing delphi LT1 3" maf and translator box

86grdnatl

I have everything hooked up and with the instructions that came with the translator box, it says to make sure that the pink wire on the translator box lines up with the pink wire on the maf connector or damage can result. But when plugged in, the pink wire on the translator connector can only line up with a reddish/pink wire on the maf plug. Do i have this wired correctly? This is the only way that it can be plugged it though. Thanks alot, Justin

pull some tape back on the factory maf connector and check color there....lots of color fade/change after 26 years:eek:

ok thanks. I pulled back the tape and saw that it was a very faded pink. I started the car and checked my scanmaster numbers and they were all out of whack. Do you know what the 02 minivolts should be reading when warmed up at idle? Because mine were fluctuating as low as 030 and as high as the 700's.

pull the cover off the translator and double check that all the settings are correct..... mine acted a little goofy after first start after install, ses light and all....cleared up after next ignition cycle...

I checked my settings and they seemed right. have the base setting to 3 which is for my LT1 maf. You can set it for leaner or richer at idle but i just have it set at 3 which is just normal. My WOT switch is set at 0 (No Change) because i still have the factory original chip. Before i installed the new maf my blms were ridiculously low (105) now my blm's are at 150. Do you have any idea what caused this?

i'm assuming you have the 3" sensor, if so your settings are correct....i would check for an air leak AFTER the maf because the computer is adding a ton of fuel....one other thing, translator might not work correctly with a stock chip...i don't see anything in the mode switch settings for a stock chip, so you may have to get a chip.....Eric Marshal is THE man!!!!

Alright thanks alot. I'll check for leaks and do you have a chip that would be best for my car. It is stock with 3" maf, translator, stock injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump and hotwire.

if they're bone stock originals, here's my suggestion....they could be dirty/clogged/worn out and giving you some of your problems too...talk to Eric at TurboTweak and get yourself a set of msd 50 lb'ers and a chip to match....the chip can be reburned if you do mods later, and 50 lb'ers will carry you well into 11's with alky.... do yourself another favor and get rid of the Walbro and get a Red's XP...nothing but problems with Walbros lately....

Yeah ive heard that there's alot of people that are having problems with walbros lately also. Thanks for all the help

the O2's bounce around from 000 to 800 with a closed loop chip so I wouldnt worry about those at idle. Or, i could be wrong. My MAF translator works fine with my stock injectors and stock chip. My injectors where recently flowed though, so that could be the diff. I def suggest getting a new set of injectors and a chip burned as the guys suggested.

If you have a translator, I would get a Bob Bailey extender chip. It works hand in hand with the translator. Not to mention if you have a scanmaster 2.1, the fast update is awesome.

However,you don't need a chip and injectors. Be patient and stay the course. The next thing is to install the regulator that 87-WE2 is sending you. Your MAF is acting as it should. Did you inspect your flexible air duct that connects the MAF to the turbo. Any un-metered air entering the motor can cause high BLMs.

The 237 regulator is in the mail. If it fixes your issue, keep it. If it has no effect, please send it back to me. I hope it works for you so you can enjoy the car. Post up to let everyone know either way.

could also be bad o2 sensor......if it seems to hang at one end or the other, they're cheap enough now to try....

Hopefully you have the correct Translator stock chip and inj are not the problem . Trans is a plug n play thing so that being said what version is it and where did you purchase it from ? Let us know all your setting.