Installing Casper's adapters for FAST XFI

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Hi all,

I just wanted to give a big thumbs-up to Casper's for their quality products.

I recently installed the XFI 02 cable (#108156) and the MAP adapter (#108119). Not having to cut, splice and tap into the factory wiring is a great luxury and improves reliability. The 02 cable comes without a plug on it so you can route it into the interior using the smallest possible hole. The MAP adapter allows you to use the factory wiring for the 3-bar MAP.

When I bought the 02 cable I thought it was essentially an 'extension' cable. I wanted to bring the 02 wiring into the hole on the driver's side and across to the XFI unit at the passenger side kick panel. The #108156 02 cable is not an extension cable. It is a replacement cable for the one that comes with FAST. The only difference between this cable and the FAST cable is the lack of a plug installed on the end so you can poke it through the firewall without making a ginormous hole.

I chose to drill a hole in the passenger side firewall that is above and to the left of the grommet for the factory ECM wiring. Even though the most direct route for the wiring would be straight up into the firewall, I wanted to route the new 02 cable alongside the factory harness underhood to keep it away from the hot headers and downpipe. The Casper's cable is 6-feet long so I had plenty of slack. In a stroke of luck usually reserved for other people, I drilled a hole that missed a rather large, factory harness by millimeters but was positioned perfectly. I jammed some fish tape through the hole and it came out precisely where I wanted it between the fender pan and the bottom of the heater box. I taped the Casper's cable to the fish tape and yanked it through. It took about 30 seconds to install the included plug and I was ready to go.

The MAP sensor is even easier. Plug in the MAP under the hood using the factory wiring at the passenger side fender; hook vacuum up to the MAP. Plug the adapter into the factory wiring under the glovebox and to the Casper's FAST adapter. Piece of cake.

I still have the Casper's adapter and FAST unit hanging out on the passenger side until I get my double pumper installed and wired to it as well as my EGT input. Then I'll figure out how to button it all up neatly.

Jim