Installing a new Torque Converter

ineil

How difficult is it to install a new Torque converter? Obviously I have never done it before. I don't have a lift or trans. jack. Basically working with jack stands and jack and doing it alone. Is it worth even attempting?

ive done it a few times like that, best bet is to go buy a cheap trans jack from harbor freight..
you wont regret it

not to hard to do. put the car on jack stands, all four corners, use a floor jack to support the trans, put a piece of plywood between the jack and pan. Pull drive shaft, disconect tranny lines and shift cable, speedo cable, electrical harness. After that its just the converter to flywheel bolts, bellhousing bolts (helps to have a long extension for those) and crossmember. You might need to support the rear of the motor to keep it from rocking to the back, I believe I didn't when I changed my converter.
That is the basics of it, I'm sure others will have more to add.
Also, you might get a few more replies if you post in the "general section" or "transmission section".
Good luck.

bellhousing bolts (helps to have a long extension for those)

Don't forget the good quality swivel for those top bellhouse bolts. I like to use the impact swivel sockets as they are one piece and can take a hell of a beating.

If you've got a couple of hours and don't mind getting dirty, you shouldn't have any trouble with this. Take your time and don't get mad and you will be fine.