Installed Line Lock-Operation Question

NVRL8

Huge Member
Just installed Biondo line lock Biondo Racing LL - Sam Biondo Line Locks - summitracing.com. I have it after the proportioning valve. I am sure I have it plumbed properly as I followed the many detailed instructions on this site. It works normally when engaged, but to disengage it I have to press the brake pedal before putting the switch in the off position. In other words, if I just put the switch in the off position it still holds pressure to the front brakes.

Is this normal, unique to this unit, or is something wrong?

In case anyone cares or has a similar problem in the future I'm going to post up. I contacted the mfr of the LL today. More than likely I have a defective unit with a sticking valve. I have a replacement on the way and will post my results.

I think that is normal. I switch mine off and then tap the brakes to disengage it. My buddies GN is the same way.

I think that is normal. I switch mine off and then tap the brakes to disengage it. My buddies GN is the same way.

I'm sure it's not normal. I've used many and have never had to do anything but let go of the button. The explaination he got below is most likely you and your friends problem as well.

In case anyone cares or has a similar problem in the future I'm going to post up. I contacted the mfr of the LL today. More than likely I have a defective unit with a sticking valve. I have a replacement on the way and will post my results.

That's EXACTLY why I use nothing but the HURST LL.
Been spending a few more bucks for many yrs, and have never had 1 fail...

That's EXACTLY why I use nothing but the HURST LL.
Been spending a few more bucks for many yrs, and have never had 1 fail...

I agree Chuck,
Push the brake, hit the button to lock,hit the gas, hit it again and HOLD ON !!! Never heard of any other way to do it. I bet the wires are backwards if you have to hold it to keep it on, you should set it and it should lock. I have them on my 409 and my Max Wedge cars.

Thanks,
Coach

I agree Chuck,
Push the brake, hit the button to lock,hit the gas, hit it again and HOLD ON !!! Never heard of any other way to do it. I bet the wires are backwards if you have to hold it to keep it on, you should set it and it should lock. I have them on my 409 and my Max Wedge cars.

Thanks,
Coach

I have never seen a Hurst line lock or any other for that matter where you have to hit the button to release it. All the Hurst line locks come with a plain on off momentary switch. When you depress it the line lock is on, when release the button the line lock is off.
That's how they're suppose to work. Your's may have been installed with a different switch then what comes with the Hurst line lock for some reason. maybe if it's a manual trans and it's hard to shift while holding the button if you do a 1-2 burnout.:confused:

I'm sure the instructions are on Summit's or Jeg's site if you want to check it out.

Well Cragger, I do know that is how mine works. My button is not a Hurst, Maybe I should have said that. It has been a very long time since I messed with them. You just press pedal and push button, it is locked ,after that you can throw a brick on the pedal and burn the tires off, push it again and it is released. I have had them wired this way for 15 years on both cars. My trans brake button is press and hold, but line-lock is not. It is a 3 way switch installed in the handle. I do not remember the company who made them, but I do believe I got it thru Rossler Transmissions years and years ago.

Thanks,
Coach

Replaced it with a new unit and problem solved. Thanks for all the answers.

I looked at a few different ones on Jeg's Coach and there was one that wasn't the same as Hurst but it didn't say if it was a micro switch or not so maybe you have one like that.

You could use any switch you want I guess so maybe Rossler makes up his own kits and uses a switch like that.